main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help Charleston, SC get ATOC IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: Augusta, GA' started by motf-jan, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi all,
    I know Augusta is about a 3 hour drive to Charleston, SC and Charlotte and Atlanta may be closer, but they may not be getting ATOC there. Our IMAX theater in Charleston, SC is actively lobbying to get the movie here. They really want it, but must prove they will have the market to get it. What we are asking is for fans to write to them and let them know that your willing to drive to see it, how many times you would be willing to see the movie etc. I would suggest doing this not only for Charleston, but all IMAX theater's in your area. We need to let them know there is a market for the movie here in the south!
    http://www.charlestonimax.com

Janet Iannantuono

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I think this is a good idea! I might have to because I haven't seen any GA theaters on the list for IMAX AOTC!!! :(

3. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    There are only 2 IMAX theaters in GA (One at the Fernbank Museaum in Atlanta, and the other at the Mall of GA in Buford, which is 10 minutes from my house), and neither will be getting AOTC. I'm upset! :_| So, Charleston might be the only option... :)

4. SamakinSkywalker

SamakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    hahaha! See Kas your fate is in MY grasp now. . . [face_devil] lol Yeah, that would be cool :)

5. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    Well, I read on tf.n a couple days ago that AOTC will be coming to the Mall of GA after all! :D So, if you guys decide to make the drive up here, be sure and let me know - I'll meet up with y'all to see it. :)

6. SamakinSkywalker

Apr 12, 2002
    yeah Kas, my dad and moose and my are thinkin of goin :D ;) its gonna be cool if we go! ;)

7. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    Yeah Sammi! That would be great! I'm trying to find out how long the drive would be for you guys to come up here. I'm working with MapQuest, which isn't very friendly. :(

8. Sandals_women_Evil

Sandals_women_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2002
    It oughta be like I think 3 hours or something... I donnoh though... ;) :D that would be awesome though! :D lol I hope we can go! :p :)

9. SamakinSkywalker

Apr 12, 2002
    yeah it is 3 hours about ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.