main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help Finding Jedi Pouches

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jediknight2019, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jediknight2019

Jediknight2019 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    I need some help locating some authentic Jedi Pouches like Ep1 and Ep2. If any one could help me out, that would be great.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    2019: you have mail

3. zake_mana

zake_mana Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    i found using tool belts like from hardware stores if there the right size in color they look like little jedi belt pouches

may the force be with you

4. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    I also would like to know where to find some movie accurate pouches.Thanks.

5. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    So doI. I need the size dimensions of them. Anyone knwo ?
    jauhzmynn

6. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    I saw some Jedi Pouches on Ebay but they'er pricey. I copied the images to I can eyeball it to see how they'er costructed. I think it'll be cheaper to make my own then buy them. 90$ for 3 pouches YIKES. That's robbery.

Jauhzmynn

7. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I went to a saddle and horse supply store and bought 2 sqare feet of brown leather. I made my own pouches for under $10. I have a set of one large and two smaller ones.

I took the plastic chemical agent decontamination kits from a U S Army M17A1 protective mask carrier. (check surplus stores) I hand stitched the pouch then slid them over the plastic kits for the smaller ones.

8. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Ammo pouches off of ebay will work too. Their size can be deceiving. Most WW2 pouches are for rifle rounds and average between 3 to 5 inches in height and 2 to 4 inches in width and and expand to about 1 to 2 inches in thickness. Many of the stuff seen in SW is modified props from WW2 films.

Ebay surplus can be relatively cheep. The leather is still good and the brass catches just need some polishing.

9. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I have two sets of WWII ammo pouches, dyed dark brown, that I once used as Jedi pouches. Let me know if you're interested.

10. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Padawan519,

Sounds like a good Idea w/ the WWII pouches. To the jedi who said he had some? Do Jedi have the pouches dyed to match the belt? Or even if you've a black belt, the pouches are always brown? Were you going to sell yours, if so how come?
    I'm inbterested in them. Maybe you can send a Pic of them so I can how they'er put together. is that cool?
    jauhzmynn

11. NateDawgNT

NateDawgNT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    The pouches in the movie are hard resin
    heres a belt/puch combo for 220

c'mon guys, read the FAQ. Just use PM to send dealer links. - Az

12. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Posting links to unlicensed prop replica dealers is against the FAQ and Rules of this forum as defined in Section II of the TFN Costumes Forum FAQ.

13. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    WW2 pouches come in various colors depending on the country. Italy produced a green leather pouch. The Germans had various colors like brown, dk brown, and black. Just search ebay for ammo pouch, ammo puches, leather pouch, and leather pouches. They will run between 2.00 and 20.00. Depending on the age and condition of the leather, they don't always take dye evenly. It's usually better to get a set that is the appropriate color.

14. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea.
    WWII pouches seem to have the right look and dimensions. Now the question I have is, are all Jedi pouches brown? Should they match the belt, or is brown "Standard issue color"? Or like the clothing, pouch style and color is up to the individual's preferance?
    Please forgive all the questions. I'm learning and this is the only way I can learn. :)

Padawan Mynn

15. Motman241

Motman241 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    For Jedi belts, the ammo pouches would be great. I bought several pouches, myself, thinking I could use them as sandtrooper pouches. I was disapointed to find out that they were smaller then what I thought. None of them are big enough to hold my wallet and car keys. Keys, yes. Wallet, no. Like I said, though - for a Jedi belt, they are the perfect size.
    The leather can be dyed to whatever color you want (within reason), but I'd say it's up to the Jedi as to what color they and the belt are. Sometimes it's good to be different.

16. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Thanks Motman,
    I talked w/ someone about the resin, and he said they were pretty heavy. Both of us agreed,a resin set of ouches isn't a good idea, too heavy,some don't open, and if you fall on 'em, it'd going to leave a mark on you you'er not going to like.

At least leather can bend w/ you. Now whyen idye them what do I use to "set" the dye so it doesn't bleed onto my clothing?

Mynn

17. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Upped for recent inquiry.

18. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Ebay has some different WW2 leather ammo pouches up right now. Just do a search for those. It used to be a lot easier finding leather ammo pouches at online military surplus stores a few years ago. I think all the costumers have been snapping them up! o_O

I have a sort of eclectic collection of pouches now. My brown Jedi set consists of a set of WW2 French double ammo pouches, a shot gun shell pouch that I bought at K-Mart back in 1980, and a custom one that I made with a business card pocket. (and yes, they are all slightly different colors, dyed at different times, to match the 3 different Jedi belts I have made over the years)

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Leather%20Work/Brownpouchset.jpg]

Then my black set for Sith or Smuggler is another set of the French ammo pouches, a German ammo pouch and another custom pouch I modeled off the shot gun shell pouch.

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Leather%20Work/Blackpouchset.jpg]

Couldn't resist showing off my pouches!
    ;)

19. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I can connect folks with a pouch/belt maker. PM if interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.