main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Help for a FanFilm

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gallith, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallith

Gallith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    I've been looking for people in the Colorado Springs area around my age(16) to help
    out with a fanfilm. Also, if anyone could lend us a few costumes or props, that would
    be awesome.

I have a script written up that requires a fairly large cast/crew. So if I don't get
    enough people (I only have five or so), I'll start on a new one ...

Story (non-spilling version):
    Main characters in blue

Set after luke's death.
    The council has been re-established on Cor.

Bo-Ran and Price (Jedi Master & Padawan (Names subject to change)) are sent to a strange planet. There they find a bunch of sith-in-training. They narrowly escape and call in the cavalry. All the Jedis fight all the Sith. Darth Xanatos (leader of the dark academy) gets away with his apprentice.

End of movie, nice set-up for sequel if things work out.

We need as many Jedi and Sith (prefferably with their own costumes) as possible and some blasters and sabers. We also need a few behind-the-scenes people: make-up, prop manager, etc. Also if anyone is willing to lend a digital camcorder (already have one, but would be nice to have more), that would be very nice.

If you want a copy of the script I can send you one. I am working on a make-shift website, that I will post the script on. When it's up(bout an hour), it will be:

http://raptor.dragon-d.com/da

I know this is also in a different thread, but I didn't want it to get off the topic.

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Your page is still not up!!! Could you send me a copy of that script :)

3. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    It's up now, sorry about that :)

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well I can get onto the main site (which is very interesting BTW, you make custom systems? Maybe you could help me out...) but the page you've got posted doesn't work.

BTW, are you going to come to the RMFF meeting?

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    cory.peter2@psab.af.mil

6. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Sorry about that. If anyone wants a copy of the script, just get me your email address.

I'll send one to Jedi Girl and JediDragon.

I'll be "Cruisin' the Carribean" until the 20th, so I can't make it to the meeting. I really wish I could, but I plan on going to the next one.

And yes, I do make custom systems. :)
    Email me with what you want, and I'll see what I can do.

7. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    looks like a fun little piece.

what tyep of equipment/capabilities do you have for this (as far as camera, cgi abilities, etc.)? Just curious. :D

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    You can send it to graner@uwyo.edu

And I don't think I've got the $$ for a new system, do you do upgrades? :D

And it's too bad that you get to be out in the sun all the time. :p Have fun.

9. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Me and my crew of 4 did a short 10Min fanFilm (spoof) for a school project. We
    used one digital camera, two Jedi costumes, three saber hilts... Blah, I'll just upload
    it in a minute after I compress it.

Keep in mind as you watch it we had a week and three days to do the whole thing (pre-
    production, production, post-production)

In The Dark Academy, everything will be better. Pre-production has already started
    and we'll be storyboarding and taking test shots of locations until we actually film
    in June. Production should take about a month or two and post-production will take
    awhile (Definately more than our 2-day post). And we'll go by the script instead of
    "We don't have time, and I don't remember it, so I'll make something up..."

It may take some time to compress, but then I'll upload it and get the URL to you.

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I love the script. I sent you an e-mail, but my computer had a processor fart and refused to send it [face_plain]

11. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
  12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I gotta say I'm quite impressed for a week-and-a-half project! I didn't get the sound b/c this computer has no speakers, but the visuals were on par with most fanfilms I've seen so far, and yours was done in much less time. I do think we need more extensive fight coreography though, it was good, but not enough movement. It would be cool to spend a few weeks doing nothing but training for the battle scenes (coreographing them all and getting them down good so we can look like we're going all out in the fight).

Just a suggestion though, it's your movie :D

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    If you want I can help you with story boards and stuff. That is my major in college and I would love a chance to practice it a bit :D

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well I watched that fanfilm... very nice. Good sense of humor too :D

Do I spy with my costumers eye the robe of an arab in that flick? I believe the sith was wearing it.

15. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    :) Thank you!

The fight was the most exciting part for the people at school but I HATED it. We spent the most time trying to make it look like they knew what they were doing, and they still sucked... In fact, the one time they moved (Sam was moving forward), I told them to move the other way and Keith was trying to push back... Anyway, we won't cast anyone that has as little potential as they did and I'll have you teach 'em a thing or two about it. We'll have plenty of time for that as we won't be filming until around the end of June.

I'm seeing if I can get someone else to do the 3D animation for me cause I really stink...

And yes, That was a very make-shift costume for the Sith.

A wig he got from his brother
    A black shirt
    An arabian robe (my dad got in Desert Storm)
    Blue Jeans
    Tennis Shoes :)

Storyboard help would be awesome. I drew up a couple pages, but you couldn't really tell what they were, so I threw them away.

Well I just took over the role of director from my friend. He's working on a mafia movie right now, and I think one big project is enough. I'd like to be director anyway, since he hasn't done much on this to date.

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL... the costumes were classic though. Those were what I enjoyed the most.

And you dad was in desert storm? Cool. I lived in Saudi with my dad for two years, that was desert storm aftermath.

Maybe we can get together sometime soon and work on the story board? I've got all my art supplies home and stuff.

17. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Well guess what... In the process of adding a forum board to my site, I deleted it. Well, at least I got the board. Take a look.

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, it definitely needed more movement to it. if we have plenty of time to set up saber fights and practice them, it should end up pretty sweet.

19. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
  20. Domier

Domier Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    Sweet site! i think i am going to sign up at it. I think the script is awsome, and i love the small movie you made. :) well gotta go.

21. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Hey, anyone interested in joining up on the Dark Academy project, check out the website:

http://dark.dragon-d.com

and swing by the boards, or even the Join Form :)

We can use my sites board to take the traffic away from this board, so you guys can have something other than "Help for a Fanfilm" at the top of the page...

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ummm... could I be the art director?

*Looks hopeful*

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    why would we want to take traffic away from the board? These fanfilm threads are the first thing to breathe life into the CS boards for a long time! ;) :D

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah, this is a good place to plan it and you will get a lot of publicity too :D

25. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    If you need help with props, fight choreography, FX whatever...gimme a yell. The fact that I know a thing or two and have walked this path before might be debated...

my site is:
    www.apocprod.com

and I'm the guy in the fight choreography tutorial (inadequate as it is) on TFN.

If you need an older guy...it takes me about 4-5 days to get a nice beard going...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.