main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Help for a FanFilm

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gallith, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallith

Gallith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    The Dark Academy Character List
    --------------------------------

Bo-Ran(M)- Jedi Master- Jedi Robe, outfit
    Price(M) - Bo's Padawan- Jedi Robe, outfit
    Xanatos(M)- Sith Lord - Sith Cape, outfit
    Kawatrina(F)- Sith Apprentice- Sith outfit
    Master Wieksi(M/F)- Council Member- Jedi Robe, outfit (Can use someone elses (Only hologram))
    Jinglya(M/F) - Jedi Warrior - Jedi Robe, outfit

Jedi Fighters - At least 3 - Jedi outfit (some robes)
    Sith Fighters - At least 4 - Sith outfit (a few capes)

I'd like to get as many of the last two as possible
    That's a cast of at least thirteen... Can we do it?

So far, I have JediDragon (Cory), JGoC (Sarah), Rogue (Michael), and Domier (David). Anyone else on the forum is welcome to join up!

I've also got a few more friends here that think they can do it. And Sarah, what about your brother (JBoC)? He might make a good "Sithling"...

Costume List
    -------------------
    Jedi Robes - 4+ (Have one)
    Jedi Outfits - 5+ (Have two)
    Sith Capes - 2-3
    Sith outfits - 6+

2. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Hear ye! Hear ye!

JGoC is now the official Art Director of the Dark Academy!

:)

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Yaay!!!!

And I bet my brother may like to do it... he's got a couple friends that may be up for some stuff too...

Just so you know, he looks alot like the kid who plays harry potter.

4. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    okay, I already have a jedi/sith outfit. It can work as either one. It's kind of dark gray, but when I put the robe on it looks Jedi-ish...though by then I oughta have a black robe (I hope) that will be quite sith-like. So whatever you cast me as, my costume is pretty much covered I'd say.

If you're going to have to come up with other costumes, that might cost you a pretty penney...hopefully you can find enough already made ones to work for you...

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Don't worry about the black robe Cory... :D I've got piles of fabric right now...

Ahh.. and I have your brown cloak too...do you want me to put a hook on it so you can close it when you wear it?

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    sarah: that would be great!

I should be able to get you the $$ sometime after I return. I'll also pick up the cost of your bedpanhat doc and jen are apparently coordinating.

7. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    OK, I met up with David (Domier) the other day and this is what I've come up with for preliminary parts according to the actor/actresses size and build:

Bo-Ran- Cory (Costume's done)
    Price - David (Costume's done)
    Kawatrina - Sarah
    Xanatos - Michael (Mike ok?)

Any name changes is fine with me. The more I look at them, the cornier they sound. (The characters names... Not your real ones...) :)

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    how open are you to line changes? the script is great, but there are a couple lines that I think I'd say just slightly different than the way they're written (not changing any meaning and for the most part just contracting or using a more natural version of an existing word). But it's your movie, so if you want me to word-for-word it, that's why I'm an actor...it's a challenge :D

9. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    Xanatos is cool by me....I'll just have to dig out the 'ol Sith outfit...

10. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    So, when is the planned filming? Summer some time? I would like to help, but am in the middle of planning my film now. I won't be ready to film until late summer. So, as I acquire stuff (lights, camera(got), mic, my costume) I would be glad to help. JGoC has offered to help with my costume but I haven't even begun buying fabric yet, so if you are filming too soon, then I won't have a costume ready. Let me know, and drop me a script. My email is in my profile.

11. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    We should be filming starting the last week in June. The script is available at www.dragon-d.com

I am definately open to script changes (Even if it does change the meaning). It's the first movie script I've ever written, so I'm expecting input and changes from other people.

Post the changes here, or go to dragon-d.com and click script suggestions.

12. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    And thanks you guys so much for volunteering (you do know your not get payed, right?)... :)

It'll be nice to work with some fellow Star Wars *natics

*Put a prefix of your choice here. Some example are: lu- fa- and hotdog-

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    If you feel the need to change the names (you were complaining about them ealier...)

Names are my specialty :D

14. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Bummer. Out of town last weekend of June thru July 14th. Sorry!

15. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Please please change!!!

The names are really corny...

Thanks anyway. Feel free to submit ideas though!

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Gallith: I'll pring it out and do penink changes and then post them on here for your approval (if you don't like them DON'T let me change them...it's YOUR movie, not mine. I'm just here for the role and creative input) ;)

Jyro: could you possibly send me the script for yours? I'd love to be involved in both of these fanfilms in any way possible, but I don't think I've seen your script yet. My email here is cory.peter2@psab.af.mil (if I don't send a confirmation, I didn't get it, the email server is acting a little funny here right now). Thanks!

17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Rogue: do you machine your own sabers, do you purchase them, or do you have someone that can do it for you?

18. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    I have some that are machined (by other people), some that are cast for stunts out of resin, and some that I make myself out of home depot parts...

You can get an idea of the construction process here;

build saber tutorial

19. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    I wanted to make sure that everyone here knows that I am 16, and everyone is ok with a 16 year old director... I will understand if you decide to back out.

20. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    For those of you who don't know. I'm going on a cruise all next week. I'll be back on Monday, the 20th.

My Itinerary

21. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Hey, if any of you are going to the meeting tomorrow, would you maybe bring up the film, and see if anyone else wants to join in? The final schedule will be based on the casts schedules, so nothing's set in stone yet.

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    We'll bring it up at the meeting, however it is next Saturday, not tomorrow ;)

No problem though.

23. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    That's what I meant :)

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL.. ok. ;)

And as a reminder could all of you who haven't fill out the little blurb about yourself in the 'Welcome to the Colorado SPrings forum' post. I went through a ton of trouble to get that sticky post set up :D

25. Gallith

Jun 9, 2002
    Well, this is it... I'm leaving in the morning.

If you guys would keep seeing what you can dig up with costumes and props and script changes, that would be awesome! See ya in a week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.