main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help for those who want to make fanfilms ...

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by robmaz, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robmaz

robmaz Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2006
    Hi all, just to let you know that there's a new 3ds max course being held in Amsterdam, and it sounds really cool, and I think it might be a great help to all you budding fanfilm/VFX types.

It's called Maxterdam 2. It costs ?499 ($635 US or £346 Sterling), and is being held over two days (August the 24th (Thursday) and 25th (Friday)), and in case you think that this is expensive, I did some checking and a 2 day introduction to the UI in Max costs nearly ?2000, so I think it represents supreme value for money.

The course itself is entitled 'The Swarm', and what it entails is:

'the two day course will show you how to model a fantasy style insect creature then insert it into particle flow to create a swarm simulation. Like last year I will be starting nice and slowly and building up steam, so anyone who is unsure of their footing in max should still be able to keep up thanks again to assistance from some of the 3d-palace moderators who will be attending.' (taken from site)

So even if you are new to 3d, you won't have any problems following along.

In addition to the course itself, attendees will receive 3d Palace's full range of educational DVDs:

The APU (Model and animate The Matrix APU and Sentinel robot)

Ultimax (model and animate a citymech and attack craft)

The Stormbringer DVD (model, texture and animate a Firefly class bulk transport)

The ATMT Set (model a Star Wars-style attack walker)

The Dreadnought 2 / badger Set (Model and animate both the 40k dreadnought and a Sci-Fi dropship [not the aliens one;)])

The Introduction to Game Development DVD (low poly character modeling)

Maxterdam 2006 - A reference DVD

3 Months of Sponsor Membership

That's over £200/?288/$367 in value, with over 200 hours of training on the DVD's, and access to the Sponsor Member Premium Video Tutorials, and that amounts to around an extra 30 or more hours of top quality training, with plenty more on the way.

Even better than that, as the trip is a training trip, it's completely tax deductable, so in essence, you can pay now for the trip and have a cool time, and then get some or all of the cash back from your tax office!!

Places are on a first come first served basis, i think there are about 8 left. So if you want to meet cool people, learn about modeling, texturing, dynamics and more, party like it's the end of the world, and generally have a wicked time in glorious Amsterdam (Levelord [Richard Grey, creator of Sin and GreyDOOM, amongst others] loves the place, he rated it as the most civilised city on Earth when i was chatting to him at Animex), you only have ONE choice

You will be able to book via the 3d-Palace Shop system, and can pay using Paypal, Cash, Cheque, international bank transfer, Western Union or E-gold (not that anyone ever uses egold, apparently).

If you want to go to a thread about the trip, the link is:

If you wish to book a place straight away, the link is:

Go ahead, have a browse, and I think you won't find anything that represents better value anywhere. In fact, if you can find a course that offers more, I'll leave the internet for good!

Thank you for reading, and if you have any questions either post in this thread, or on the Palace threads, and I (or others) will try to answer them. It's a great opportunity, and one that shouldn't be missed. I know olblue wants to see you all there!!

Edit: Advertisement isn't allowed.

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    This is good info, but I think it is more fitting for this forum: Fan Films, and I am not totally sure posting this is within the TOS

3. robmaz

robmaz Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2006
    Very sorry if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move the post to the appropriate forum. As for this violating the TOS, well, I was just sharing some info. I personally don't get a rake off or anything like that, I just thought that information about a high quality lesson in VFX for so cheap would be good to share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.