main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help Generate the Fun

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I want a Jack Sparrow icon...

I swear, when I posted that a day ago, I had no freaking clue!

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    DL -- I think you meant "dude"... ;)

3. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    no, I'm sure I meant "dud" ;)
    argh

4. Vader666

Vader666 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 3, 2003
    How do we make it more fun?

I have to admit some spoilers we're getting these days really spark the fun. Keep it up Josh et al..

Seriously, we need more girls. Girls = fun. Get them over here Sape...

5. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Riiiiiiiiiight.

I think it would help generate the fun if girls were allowed to treat obnoxious guys accordingly. :p

YubYub and TG- Protectin' lasses from hormonally gifted seadogs since 2002

6. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Oh yeah, I was gonna comment about the JCC games forum. I think it's a very good idea. I started "The BAND name game!" back in (I believe it was) June, and now there are many variations of the name game thread in JCC.

I think said forum could also hold social threads, and JCC could be for random pointless chat. Sure, that's what social threads are for, but the JCC is getting crowded with social threads.

7. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    I'll say here what I said in the AOTC forum.

I'd like to see it and would love to help make it like this.

Prequel Trilogy boards (For general discusions)
    TPM Board (Tpm specific topics)
    AOTC board (Aotc specific topics)
    Ep3 (Ep3 specific topics)
    --- If before episode 3 then have a 3NSA board too
    Classic Trilogy ( as is)
    ANH
    ESB
    ROTJ
    Saga (For serious discusions)
    SWC (For light hearted topics)

Each movie deserves to have its own forum. This is a star wars message board and consolidating any of the movie forums would be a detremental incident to the forums in a whole. I feel there should be more star wars movie boards not less.

8. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Is there really enough demand to do the OT as individual films? Nay.

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    True, but still kind of sad, actually.

10. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    IF we're putting the PT as separate entities, then the OT deserves the same treatment.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

11. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Or not. No one really cares enough for it to succeed.

12. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    Why isnt there a demand though? I thought were here to talk Star Wars, wouldn't we want more forums?

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    There simply isn't enough activity in the Classic Trilogy Forum to warrant a forum for each of the three films.

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Has anyone else looked at PiaS's Hollywood sqaures idea? it looks like it'll be a riot!!

I'm volumterring to do research...

15. Sam_Skywalker

Sam_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    More Sw discussion. I found this site because I wanted SW (more specifically, padme [face_wink ).

16. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, more discussion of SW would be nice. That's something that I've been noticing, less and less people want to talk about SW and move into JCC. Hopefully we'll keep having new members who are good posters that stay in the actual SW forums.

17. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Yeah,like I posted in AOTC a couple weeks ago,I really can't see coming here,and posting only in the JCC.nothing's wrong with posting there,it's just that if you come to a star wars board,I would think that you'de want to disscuss Star wars and/or do things related to star wars.like I said no offence to people who like the JCC,I just don't care for it ;) :)

18. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I agree, as I see the "Your Jedi Council Community" as an area to raise your post count rather then truely getting to know that other poster.

I mean from Sex related topics to Drugs and beyond, some of the things that have preceeded from that forum only to be prved as with no true meaning.

However, I should also state as OBIX1 did, that this is in no way anything agianst those whom post therein, but more or less an expression of my feelings on this subject. ;)

19. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    well, if you want get to know your fellow poster by discussing the size of lightsabers, go right ahead. :p

20. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I hate when people say YJCC is only for upping their post counts. Sure there are bad threads in the JCC, but there are bad movie forum threads too. (like the Frodo and Sam thread in 3SA today)

There's nothing wrong with sex related topics, either, by the way, if they are contained before becoming inappropriate.

21. Sam_Skywalker

Sam_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    My main problem with the YJCC thread is that people post incessantly about their day. I don't meean to sound mean, but these threads are completely useless. They go away in a short while, and (again not to be rude), but I really don't think people care a whole lot about where you got your head caught.

However, a lot of ppl like the JCC because of this. So, whatever works I guess

22. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I think another split should be considered- if it will help things. ;)

23. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    If the site lacks Star Wars discussion it's becuase the film forums have been turned into Commuity forums to handle the influx of teenage posters.

It's quite obvious to say that the driving force behind these forums, Star Wars, has taken a back seat to teen-level social discussion over the past year or so. As such, people who want to discuss Star Wars and things that are generally above the teen level that proliferates around here leave for other boards, I can name 10 off the top of my head. Nobody's interested in Communications or wild new innovations, they're interested in colours and titles and icons, flirting with boys/girls and talking about how their teacher slapped them with detention yesterday.

But if you want to keep the kids entertained during their double computer studies lessons, I guess you can run more competitions for colours (banner comps, trivia, bingo, pass the parcel etc), reward them for reaching large post counts, reward them for flirting, reward them for innovative loactions to set social threads (Jimmy Newbie's Underwater Playboy Grotto and Haxor Den etc)...basically anything that will help them establish themselves within the JC pecking order.

And get some decent spoiler sources, everyone knows Josh has been making up material or pinching it from speculation threads to keep the 3SA traffic up lately.

24. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

"And get some decent spoiler sources, everyone knows Josh has been making up material or pinching it from speculation threads to keep the 3SA traffic up lately."

Mighty big accusation there, pardner.

Care to PPOR?

PPOR?

P.P.O.R?

P
    P
    O
    R

UKS

25. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I'm sorry, what was that? I didn't quite understand what you were saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.