main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Help! Help help help help help!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by spoo, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Okay, so I got my armor in the mail today. I decided to save money by cutting out the parts myself instead of him for labor.

Well, it turns out ABS is a little stronger than I had thought it was, so there's no way I can do this by hand.

SO, I really really REALLY need to find a Dremel (rotary tool) to cut this... otherwise I have no costume and I just wasted $200.

Does anyone have a dremel that I could please borrow? I would forever be in your debt. (and I might even let you borrow the costume sometime).
    EDIT: Or know someone who has one that would let you borrow it? This is LIFE and DEATH folks!

Please and Thank-you!
    Adam

Post Script: If you do, please message here, IM me, email me, or phone me. (or all of the above). Chances are that phone and email are the best ways to get ahold of me.
    spoo51@hotmail.com
    371-5454

2. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    We have a Dremel here. Let me talk to Michael about letting you use it, as it belongs to him.

3. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Good Luck Spoo! I might be able to come over and help you on an evening or two- I helped Handyman put together his storm trooper suits, so I have some experience. Be sure you have some sand paper too.

4. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    My uncle has a Dremel which he let me borrow.

Thanks Tiffany for helping me!
    And thanks Renegade (Matt?) for offering.

I got alot done today at my uncle's, his dremel has some fast speeds on it.

*breathe deeply*
    I think I'll be okay now.

5. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Were you able to get enough done?

6. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    he loaned it to me, so I worked until 2am last night.

I've got all the pieces cut out except the belt boxes, I trimmed the forehead, I removede teh aerator, I removed the lens (and curvd an new one and installed that)

So now I just need to cut the belt boxes, make the belt, attatch velcro to everything, solder the electronics (he lent me a soldering iron too), glue in the electronics (which will have to wait. I ran out of glue), and make the boots (which involves sewing on velcro and alot of glue)

So I'm in pretty good shape for wednesday, I will definitely have this done by then.

You guys should see the mess I made of my room!

7. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Sweet dude! Can't wait to see it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.