main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HELP!!!!! I need a map.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Zane-Marit, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Anybody know where I can see an online copy og the GFFA map that is usually inserted in most of the SW books???

I would greatly appreciate any help.

2. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    I have an unknown regions map that I could fax to you, if you like. Let me know.

3. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm looking for the one that is in almost all of the SW books. The unknown region is listed on it but it has all the systems and planets, trade routes, and so on. If the map you have has that...great, thats what I need. PM me and let me know.

Thanks sologirl.

4. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Just curious ? Would anyone be interested in running an ?Official Map thread?? We would then have a topic where people could go to find maps all in one place. I?m also thinking that the manager of the thread could list links to maps (yes, like an index) or people that have maps in their position (i.e. they could fax it to you, etc).

Amsie [face_love]

5. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I was talking with a friend about where I was going to put a Warlords territory (rather long AU story) and he pointed me to this rather large map.

This was actually a mixed blessing as it had some systems in areas which had been blank in the NJO novels, so I had to modify my nearly complete story plan to use this information. Thankfully though everything still fitted together.

Having a look around I found another place which might have been where I got the NJO map I'd been using (was thinking of drawing borders and things on it, so I wanted a digital copy) though if it was then I must have shrunk it for ease of editing, I can't remember.

There is also the Interactive map which has additional information and allows you to zoom in on areas and selected planets for more information.

6. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    I know of this map. It was in the Insider issue with Vader on it. Star Wars Map

If I recall it is for the Galaxy game and is shows were Sekot was originally at. It also has major trade routes. Hope that helps.

7. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    Thanks guys...you Rock!!! :)

This does the trick.

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Is no one interested in running an ?Official Map thread?? Can?t I snag a willing volunteer? ;)

Am [face_love]

9. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Um, what would be involved with that job?

10. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, you would run the thread and update the first post. Users would contribute links to maps they?ve found that they think would be useful for writers (you?d have to constantly update the first post with the new links). If a writer requested a map that wasn?t on the list, you could edit the main post and create a ?wanted!? notice. Those are just my ideas, though. If you volunteer to run the thread, you can do anything you see fit :).

It would save having a map thread created for every single request.

Am [face_love]

11. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Alright, where do I sign up then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.