main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help! I need ideas to create a Star Wars Classroom for 1st grade

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by JediMaestra, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaestra

JediMaestra Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2010
    I am a 1st grade teacher. I have been a huge Star Wars fan for so many years (I once had the Ewok Village playset as a kid, but my mom sold in a garage sale! ).
    My students have been so motivated when I pull out the lightsabers or play the Imperial March. September is fast approaching and I need help from creative fans.
    Please share any ideas that you may have! Bulletin Boards, decorations, cool quotes, anything*!
    I look forward to trying some ideas out.
    May the FORCE be with you!

*My classroom already has several lightsabers, and a Yoda backpack that sits above my whiteboard.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    How about an art activity - draw your favorite SW character or alien? You could then put some of the pics up as decorations. If there are too many to go up in one group you could rotate them weekly or something like that.

ABCs - do a SW-related list. (A is for AT-AT, B is for Blaster, etc).

Stories - give them a scenario and have them write or discuss what happens next. (Luke is on the Death Star. After he and Leia swing across the chasm they meet Vader in the next corridor. What happens next?)

Unfortunately they are too young to register here as you have to be 13 due to US child protection laws.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Make the classroom Dagobah....get the kids to make leaves, and vines and even using paper mache and boxes build Yoda's hut. Isn't that where Luke 'Unlearned what he had Learned?' It was Yoda's class room, make it yours!! Dagobah, But I'd be getting them to cut leaves, make vines, strange creatures in the trees. Have it all hanging from teh ceiling like you are making a swamp! Make a water fall if you want ( I know there wasnt one in the movie) but use cellophane in shades of blue and green. Get them to paint a picture of an X Wing sinking in the mud (you can do the outline or find an image on the net and project it to the wall and trace) Cover the lights with green cellophane! Ok, these are just ideas on the go...but I figured Yoda taught his best stuff in that environment, you can too!! Teach them stuff like "Do or do not" and "Defence, never attack!" Life skills! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.