main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help I need the Tales of the Jedi:Freedom Nadd Uprising TPB!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by medleyoz, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Hi. I've asked this Q on several boards and other forums. But does anyone know of anywhere that has this in stock in NM/Mint condition.
    I have tried ebay and continuously check every couple of days to see if it is on there.
    Thanks for any help.
    (If this comment was against forum rules remove it)

Edit by Neck: It was, so I did... ;)

2. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    The best I could find was at amazon, but it appears to only ship every 3-4 weeks, so you'd have wait a bit before getting it and even that doesn't seem to be a guarantee. Hope that helps...

3. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Ah, the Freedon Nadd Uprising. Ah, the memories of that one. [face_plain]

Let me tell you MY story of the Freedon Nadd Uprising. Flash back to the early '90s, when Tales of the Jedi first hit. I bought every issue of the first story arc, then known only as TOTJ, but now known by the subtitle Knights of the Old Republic. I also remember hearing about the upcoming Freedon Nadd Uprising follow-up. Turns out that FNU was only a measly 2 issues... which I NEVER saw on the shelf at my comic shop because it was woefully underprinted/underordered. :(

The years went on, and FNU was followed up by Dark Lords of the Sith and The Sith War... and eventually, the 2 or 3 story arcs set 1,000 years earlier still, during the "Golden Age of the Sith". All the different series were collected into TPBs, including FNU.. which I STILL never found. Dark Horse AGAIN woefully underprinted it, resulting in a TPB that is as hard to find as the 2 individual issues. :(

I went to Star Wars Celebration II last year. Went to the Dark Horse booth. Looked for it at their table. No luck. Asked the staff there about it, only to be told it was out-of-print and they had no current plans to reprint it, DESPITE the fact that it is one of their most often requested TPB collections. :(

Eventually, a very good friend found me the 2 individual issues at last year's San Diego Comic Convention, picked them up, and sent them to me. :D

So, um, yeah, finding that series is VERY hard. You're on the right track, but if you want to get a copy, you have to be VERY persistent. Check eBay religiously. Check EVERY comic shop within your area, and make it KNOWN to them that you are prepared to purchase this TPB or the 2 individual issues if they come across it. Try every online comic shop you can find. Every month, pick up the Previews catalog at your local comic shop, and check the Dark Horse graphic novels section to see if it's been offered again. If it is, don't delay, have the comic shop order you a copy right away. Try used book stores and online used book search engines such as ABE Books and Bibliofind to locate used book dealers that might have it. Go to every comic book and science fiction convention you can, and hit the dealer's room as early as possible. Get friends (preferably fellow Star Wars fans! ;)) to help you look for it, and tell them to buy it if and when it's found. Eventually, after a lengthy search, you'll find it. :)

Remember what Yoda would say...
    "Patience. For the Jedi, it is time to read as well!" ;)

That's the best advice I can offer. May the Force be with you. :)

4. medleyoz

May 31, 2002
    Thanks. I've been scouring the net for it for weeks.
    The 2 issues are on ebay so if all else fails I will bid on them.
    I tried amazon but they couldn't get it as it is a special order. So I emailed them and they said there supplier is out of stock.
    So I'll keep trying.

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I found one in a used bookstore for $4 :D

6. medleyoz

May 31, 2002
    It appears a fellow JCer knows a comic shop that has it. So he is getting it for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.