main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help, i need to build a light and a dark side deck

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Writhe, May 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Writhe

Writhe Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2001
    i need to build both to get back into star wars...i have like a thousand cards now and they are mostly from hoth, premiere, and dagobah, so please let me know the sets the cards come from if you can...i just need a decent deck to get started with so that i can get back into the game
    thanks in advance
    -writhe-

2. Writhe

Writhe Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2001
    i am also looking for online games if someone would like to just icq me at 118176779

thanks again

3. Grendel1138

Grendel1138 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2001
    Well, I can tell what I play on a regular basis...

My Darkside is a Bring Him Before Me. It uses the Objective out of Death Star II and the focus of the deck to win battles early and often. Once you do that, you cross the Whiney Farm Boy to the Darkside and you win. The deck is all about Mains & Toys and only gets stronger with Tatooine's release on the 30th.

My Lightside is a Hidden Base Mains deck. It uses the Objective out of Special Edition to set up quick activation, so you can invade your opponents sites. It also uses the Staging Areas & Insurrection combo for docking bays. Another Mains & Toys deck, which is very fun to play.

Here's the Dark Deck (which helped me place 4th at TN states) in all it's glory:

Objective (1)
    Bring Him Before Me/Take Your Father?s Place

Locations (5)
    Death Star II: Throne Room
    Death Star II: Docking Bay
    Endor: Landing Platform
    Kuat
    Cloud City: East Platform

Effects (12)
    First Strike
    Imperial Arrest Order
    Crush The Rebellion
    Mobilization Points
    Your Destiny
    Insignificant Rebellion
    No Escape
    Lateral Damage
    Security Precautions
    Secret Plans
    You Cannot Hide Forever
    Presence of the Force

Characters (19)
    Darth Vader x2
    Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith
    Lord Vader
    Emperor Palpatine (Smiley) x2
    Janus Greejatus x2
    IG-88 with Riot Gun
    Mighty Jabba
    Guri
    Boba Fett with Blaster Rifle
    Dr. Evazan & Ponda Baba
    Prince Xizor
    Sim Aloo
    Mara Jade, The Emperor?s Hand x2
    Dengar with Blaster Carbine
    4-LOM with Concussion Rifle

Weapons (3)
    Vader?s Lightsaber x2
    Mara Jade?s Lightsaber

Starships (4)
    Bossk in Hound?s Tooth
    Vader?s Personal Shuttle
    Zuckuss in Mist Hunter
    Stinger

Interrupts (16)
    Young Fool x2
    Force Lightning x2
    Prepared Defenses
    Evader & Monnok
    The Circle is Now Complete
    Omni Box & It?s Worse
    Operational As Planned
    I Have You Now
    Weapon Levitation
    Twi?Lek Advisor
    Always Thinking with Your Stomach
    Imperial Barrier
    Rise My Friend
    Sniper & Dark Strike

This deck deals out a serious amount of pain to almost every Light Deck out there.

If you want I can post my Light Deck later...

4. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I play a Watch Your Step Light Deck...it is an objective from Reflections 2. I will be posting that shortly for everyones review. It is a rather powerful objective based around smugglers. It may be an idea for you since you have most of the older cards (that is what mostly fills my deck)...as for dark side, as you can see by my deck post earlier, I have a "Set your course for alderaan" deck. it is an objective from third anthology which allows me to get massive force drains on my opponent. I again found I used mostly older cards (with a few new effects and interrupts)...if you would like any help at all feel free to email me (pinbstr300@aol.com), take a look at the other decks here and at decipher's web site (http://www.decipher.com/starwars)...also, if you need newer stuff (singles or even boxes) just give me a hollar I have tons of doubles I would like to dump off cheap (even for other cards) and I can get my hands on cheap boxes pretty quicky...good luck with your search, and if you need any help feel free to ask :)
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.