main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun Help! I'm feeling so bored!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by PatJedi82, Feb 12, 2001.

1. KiraniTi

KiraniTi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Ahhhhh not more teacher talk I hear enough all day and night from my parents.... Both are teachers.....

2. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Ah, seriously, guys. Good teachers are great and make school far more acceptable that bad, mean ones!
    It's a very good career choice, emilsson. Not an easy one, though, so I admire that!

3. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    Yes! Why be a boring traditional teacher when you can show Star Wars in the classroom? And then have fun discussions about good vs evil etc.

NJ, being a teacher is also a lot of fun though it's hard work. But the reward you get when a student walks out of the classroom holding his/her head high is just amazing.

4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Now that's an unusual way to teach !
    (well I can't figure out how I would refer to Star Wars would I become the Maths teacher I'm studying to become)

5. PatJedi82

PatJedi82 Ex-Mod star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 31, 2000
    Yeha that's true. A good teacher can be your friend if you want. He make it much easier for you to learn.

;-)

6. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Yep. I have to play the teacher from time to time, and I always try to refer to things kids know about, to make the lesson easier and more funny. And it works.

(My God, 'Ban, are you really planning on being a math teacher? Then you truly are a Sith - kiddin' )

7. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Crazy? I'm hating maths!

8. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    Lordban, a math teacher? I admire you for making that choice of subject. I have sometimes considered going into teaching math, but I realised I am not that good at it. I don't love math enough :).

9. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    In Australia one of the English texts for our final year is Star Wars. Of course, they had to bring that in AFTER I finished. :(

10. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    I think Obi Anne did a final in high school (in Swedish) where Star Wars was featured. I haven't encountered SW on tests but I have done a few essays about them.

11. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    OMG!! I wish they'd put some SW stuff in the curriculum at my school!

12. KiraniTi

Nov 26, 2000
    Ya i know that would be nice.

13. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    That's the good thing with going to school in a country where curriculums are not that specified. :)

14. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    the only time SW has been used in my school this year is when my World Lit teacher was talking about stuff like the Oddessey and she said that SW was like it or something. She said something about Han Solo coming in and saving Luke so he could blow up the death star

15. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    ???
    Which part of the Odyssey was she referring to?

16. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    This reminds me of how fun studying religious cults from a sociological perspective will be. I will have a lecturer who has a habit of mentioned Star Wars at least once during each lecture.

17. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    i think in that class we starting talking about heros. i wasnt really paying attention until she said "its like Han Solo..." THEN I started listening. :)

18. KiraniTi

Nov 26, 2000
    My teachers are boring. The don't make any sense anyway let alone talk about SW.

19. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    im mad at my school now. we were supposed to have friday off but they're making us come to school. they shouldnt do that b/c people have plans...

20. KiraniTi

Nov 26, 2000
    Not fair. I'm happy I'm not going there right now

21. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    And suddenly I am happy I don't have to go to school every weekday :).

22. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    I have a story for you all. I remember when I was in the 8th grade and Star Wars was the main attraction almost all of that year. It was the year that Return of the Jedi came out and my english teacher was hooked on Harrison Ford. And me being a Mark Hamill junkie at the time.......well lets just say that it was an easy "A". ;) heh heh heh We had at least one assignment on Star Wars a week--crossword puzzles, word-finds,etc. The last day of school we watched A New Hope. Ahhhh those were the days.
    By the way, Lordban, I think its wonderful that you are becoming a math teacher. I would be one too except I've gotten side-tracked. The world is in need of good math teachers. :D

Excuse me. I didn't say hello.
    Hello Everyone! Nice to meet ya'all. :) :) :)

23. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Welcome, Queen Tofuti.

24. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    Hello Queen_Tofuti !

I have another story of SW at school : my French teacher used to give us funny texts to study on the first days after the holidays (in highschool, French people have 5 holiday times a year) ; once, she gave us the lyrics of a song about SW, l(Empire du Côté Obscur' ; and we studied it, all the images etc :D the thing is that the teacher didn't know it was about SW, so her explanation was... hum, let's say imaginative ! and she said she had a problem with the word 'Ewoks' too, she had looked for it in all the dictionaries but didn' find it ;) that was the days...

25. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    I remember when I was 13 and one guy had this little music quiz. The last song was Cantina Band and I was the only one that recognized it. This guy found it hard to believe that I knew it, he thought noone could place the name of the song.