main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help, I'm new at FanFics.....

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Well I wrote a fanfic that I'm really proud of for my creative writing class in school, It is set in the NJO and involves a new Jedi which was named David Zoeller after an old Star Wars sim character I had. I need some help making his name a more Star Warsish name. Also, the main Vong in the story is named Morah Nahk, I would like help making his name more Vongish. Also, where would I submit my finished FanFic as to hopefully get it put onto TFN FanFic page?

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    If you mean that you want to post your story in the fanfic forum, just go here and start posting when you're ready.

If you're referring to seeing your story in the TFN FanFic Archive, go here and read the submission guidelines.

Sorry, but I don't have any good names for you at the moment.

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Hi, there! First of all, if you want a more 'Star Wars-ish' name, you can twist the letters of the name you already have, or put a spin on it. For example, David Zoeller has a fine last name. If you want to change David, you could make it something like, 'Davyd,' or 'Devyd, Devid, etc.' That way it looks more Star Wars-y.

As for the Yuuzhan Vong name, what you have sounds fine, but if you want to, remember that Yuuzhan Vong have domains. In the NJO, we've seen many names--Lah, Phaath, Shai, etc. If you picked one of the domains, all you need is a first name.

As for where you would submit your fanfic...well, if you want to, you can go to the fan fiction section and post it there. If you want it archived at TF.N's fanfic page, you first need to get at least two people to beta read it for you. Once it's been read by the beta readers, and everything has been corrected (grammar, spelling, characterization, etc.) you submit it. Go here to get info on that. You'll have to get a screenname if you don't already have one, but if you look on the left side of the screen, there's a section 'Get Archived' that you can read up on.

Hope some of that helps! :)

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
  5. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :)

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Okay, I do have two more questions. How tall are YVHs and Yuuzhan Vong in general?

7. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    6-7 feet. They're pretty tall.

8. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    But remember, the GFFA uses metric units. :)

9. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    That'd be about 2 meters. btw, your Vong last-name sounds good, but the first name is... a little too easy to pronounce :p. Maybe change Morah to Mhoraak?

10. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Names can be kinda difficult to create. That part takes me longer than any other in the writing process. You probably aren't writing a humor fic, but I'll go ahead and tell you how I do it for my humor fics anyway. For a humor fic I want the names to look convincing when they are looked at, but then I also want a joke behind them so if the reader says them aloud, or is paying close attention, they get a chuckle.

In Genocide and a Movie I used these names:
    Kamboh D'a --> Cambodia
    and
    Srilan Kah --> Sri Lanka

The most important thing to remember is that you, the writer, need to have fun. If you are having fun and placing hidden jokes in your stories you will be much more likely to stick with them.

I hope that helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.