main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho help!! I'm writing my valedictorian address, and I need your Star Wars-infused assistance! :)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by skywalker325, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey everyone! No, I'm not kidding. My speech is SW-themed, Yoda in particular. "Yoda's Wisdom (as it relates to our lives)" is the unofficial title. What I would like is more of Yoda's little gems to work with. So far I've used:

"Try not..."
    "always with you what cannot be done..."
    "Fear is the path..."
    Luke "I can't believe it!" Yoda "That is why you fail."
    "difficult to see..."
    "clouded this boy's future is."

I would like more good ones that I can twist into applying to graduate's lives. I especially need one that I think I remember in the scene of EP I when the Jedi Council is interviewing Anakin--something to the effect of forgetting the past...?

I expect help on this one from all you crazy SW-quoting Nazis!!!

-sky

2. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    hmmm... there's "i'm not afraid!" "you will be, you will be"

"Master Yoda says, be mindful of the future, but keep your eye on the present."

"fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering."

"Always have you looked away... to the future, heh, to the horizon... never your mind on where you were, hmm? What you were doing! Adventure, heh, excitment, heh, a Jedi craves not these things, you are reckless!

hope it helps...

-James-
    "Idaho Vorkosigan-

3. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002

"Mind what you have learned. Save you it can!"

This isn't Yoda, but it helps get people thinking...
    "All are called, few are choosen. It's up to you, now, what the future holds for you. And the decsicsions you make, good or bad, will effect the outcome of your future, good or bad. It's your call. It is your life. What choices will you make? What kind of legacy will you leave those around you?
    "Will it be of someone great, your personal best? Or will it be statis quo (sp?) that just got you by."

Just something I hope helps...

4. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Marc, do you know who said that second quote?

5. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    That reminds me of this one...

"The future frightens us, the present bores us, and the past tempts us... and we loose ourselves in the terrible inbetweens."

6. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    do you know who said that second quote?

I did... It's just something I've been thinking about since I have my sixth graders leaving me (graduating) to the Jr Hgh. over the summer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.