HELP!! In adobe Photoshop how do i save it as a .FLM!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by vanpuyer8, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't find the .flm format, it can open .Flm but it won't save it! i am using number 7. could osmene hlep me!
  2. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. sp00rk Jedi Padawan

In the 'Save As...' window select 'Filmstrip' from the format menu.
  4. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
  5. fourfools Force Ghost

star 4
    open the original .flm file without the blades, and then select all on the file with the blades, copy, and paste ontop of the original .flm, then save it as a different filename so you don't write over your original filmstrip file. you may have to flatten the layers, i don't remember exactly.

6. grand_admiral_ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes. To fourfools you listen.
  7. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    is it worth trying in AE?
  8. HTS_HetH Jedi Knight

star 3
    Both AE and Photoshop deliver great resulst when comes to rotoscoping but I prefer doing my sabers in Photoshop using Ryan W´s Method. I think they look absolutely awesome this way. But AE is worth having it anway, as you can do so much stuff for fan films. Why not download the 30 trial version form adobe.com and judge for yourself?
  9. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    i have AE so i think i may try it, i just confused with all the key frames, only becuz i don't know like how to turn the the light saber and all the crap
  10. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Hey Van,

Make sure you check out the lightsaber tutorials on either Photoshop or After Effects here. They're really good, and guide you through the process pretty well.
  11. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah i have them dled and i use them all the time, thanks draft, ryan only mentions what one the motion things do there still are more but oh well i will go thru trail and erorr
  12. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Hey Van, Draft here :p

I can;t quite work out what you are saying there, are you saying that you are having trouble (in After Effects?) doing more than one frame of the motion? If that is the case all you need to do is create a keyframe (by clicking on the stopwatch icon next to the timeline, and then move along the timeline a little, create a new positional keyframe, move along a little etc. It is actually mentioned at the end of the tutorial, but blink and you'll miss it.

Draft
  13. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    i mean all the mask crap
  14. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I created a 'mask crap' tutorial here, if that doesn't help either, try page 238 of the manual. Once you understand masks, the rest of the lightsabre tutorial should slot into place.
  15. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow, Daft is like a walking Fanfilm encyclopedia. :D
  16. Krapitino Jedi Master

star 4
    Aw fer gosh sakes, don't confuse the lad!

Just flatten your layers before you save, sonny.
  17. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    BUT THE .FLM ISN'T THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries in a corner*
  18. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That is because .flm is a Premier format...

Follow the instructions in the Tutorial HERE and it WILL work perfectly for you, I promise...
  19. Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Knight

star 2
    It doesn't have to be. Flatten, save as, change file selector to all types, type in 'filmstrip.flm' where 'filmstrip' is whatever you want the filename to be. It's like editing HTML in notepad... .html isn't a notepad-recognised extension, but you can still save as it.
  20. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    YOU ARE ALL CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  21. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Crazy we may be... nevertheless, successful, we are...

Trust me, follow the tutorial and it will work...
  22. Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmmm...

JediTAC, if you read this, I want a tutorial on how to make cutting remarks that are amusing in addition to helping somehow. We all wanna be as sharp as a TAC! :p
  23. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    ok the jedi starts to talk about upper and lower output and i can't find them!!!! i am using 7.0
  24. Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Knight

star 2
    image->adjust->levels, look at the top of the adjust window, there are three numeric boxes. Upper, something, and lower.
  25. KillerBobBarker Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think the problem is you are trying to save a psd file to a flm file. I had the same exact problem. This is what you do:

You turn off all the layers (with that eye thingy) except the one you put the sabers on. Select all and copy, then open the original flm file, that has no sabers. Paste... make sure it is set to screen mode... then you can save it to a flm file!
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.