main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Help] Is it possible to download Hyperspace Video?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by pusherJS_NT, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pusherJS_NT

pusherJS_NT Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2004
    I joined Hyperspace recently. (not the 7 day free trial, I subscribed on August)
    I have to wait a long time if I watch those videos online.
    I want to download them into my comuter, so that I could watch them immediately whenever I want to.
    Is it possible to download? And how?

2. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    The videos open in a web page, often a popup window. Look at the source of that web page, and find the address of the .mov file directly. Copy/paste the addres for the .mov file directly into your address bar and then File->Save As or use the address in a download manager of your choice. For some videos, particularly older ones, that's all it takes. You'll know that's the case if it's a relatively large download of at least several megabytes. If it's only a few kilobytes it means you've downloaded a container file, particularly common with newer videos on the site. You need to get the actual file. In order to do this, you should actually open the .mov file in Notepad. Contained within it you will find a web address, starting with http and ending with .mov. It may be run right into other characters in the file, so you just have to recognize it. Download the file at this address the same way you did the other; this should be the actual video file. You may need to make sure you stay logged onto Hyperspace through this whole process.

-Paul

3. ywingempress

ywingempress Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2003
    Also, if you've watched a video online recently, sometimes they'll pop up in your temporary internet files and you can just copy them from there to another folder. Just sort the list by file type and find the .mov files. :)

4. pusherJS_NT

pusherJS_NT Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks for your help. But it doesn't work.
    Fortunately, I got the answer on the official forum.
    I am saving all the wonderful videos in my hard disk now.

If you are Hyperspace user, here is the thread:
    http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=139748&start=0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.