Help! Looking for Comic Book Stores!

Discussion in 'Bakersfield CA' started by Jedi_Riibu, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    The first week I was here I went to the Golden Glove shop by Sharkey's and put in a subscription for the two comics I read. Both of those books came out today, so I went over there to pick them up. I get there and the guy very rudely informs me that neither of them came in today. The guy barely even knew what he was talking about, calling one of the books by the wrong name, so I really don't wish to deal with them (especially since they don't even seem able to get comics in when they come out).

So I need names and addresses of other possibilities. I don't care how bad they are, I just a place with competent workers who can order the correct books for me.

Please help! I'll be going stir crazy until I know I can get my comics.
  2. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There is one in St. Paul that I've hear good things about. ;)

Can you order them delivered to your home or something?
  3. Batfrog Jedi Padawan

You might try the Market Place at Russo's book store. In the back of the store they have tables for gaming and comics...Or they did. I'm not sure if they have what your looking for but they are at least informative and nice to people. There's another one out on White Ln and Ashe....Darkside Comics!!! I have bought some things from them in the past and had luck finding what I was looking for. It's been awhile since I've been there but worth a try as well. What are the 2 titles your looking for???
  4. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    Yesyes, I am definately missing the Source.

Debbie let me know about two other local stores, including Darkside Comics, but I have yet to get over there.

On Saturday I decided to venture up to Fresno for the heck of it and found one of my books there.

The two titles I read are:
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Mirage Studios)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Dreamwave)

Once I get my finances better figured out I'd also like to start picking up the Fantastic Four and Usagi Yojimbo as well.
  5. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well let me know if you don't get it figured out.

the source is too far for me but there is comic store in Eagan. I wouldn't mind dropping one or two in the mail from time to time as long as you cover the cost.

Of course driving to Fresno may cost less than shipping these days.

6. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    I spent more money in Fresno on fabric than I did on comics.. so I've got other incentives pulling at me, too!

I'll let you know if I ever get desperate, though. :)
  7. DarthPepper Jedi Padawan

I go to Dark Side Comics on White Ln. They are very friendly and have a lot of stuff. I buy most of the Star Wars comics there. But you have to keep going to the Dark Horse Comics website to get an up-to-date schedule, because Dark Horse can't NEVER stick to their previously posted schedule. Don't know about other comic brands. I shown up there several times to get a comic(because that's when it was supposed to be out) and it wasn't out yet. Then I go to the website and thgey changed to release date for it. FRUSTRATING!!!
    Hope you have luck
  8. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, I've heard that about Dark Horse.

Dreamwave has been VERY consistant, releasing the TMNT book the second full week of the month. Mirage has been consistant on their bi-monthly schedule, and are usually good at posting an exact date on their website.

This place to check to be sure is Diamond Comics, who is the distrubutor for all the comics. If your title is on that list, you can pretty much expect to get it on that day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.