main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help me! Can't find story!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by khameirsith, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khameirsith

khameirsith Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    I've been trying to find a certain story now for two days to no avail. Help me!

The story is about Darth Vader surviving the destruction of the second Death Star, only to be put on trial for war crimes. I wish I had bookmarked the story, for I feel that is one of the best stories on this site.

If anyone knows an author, title, or a keyword to search for it, please let me know.

You can email it to me if you want at podschelneaj@cherrypoint.usmc.mil

Thanks in advance!

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
  3. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
  4. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I also suggest posting here: Looking for Fics

This thread is basically a thread asking for help to find fics that you've lost track of. There are several links to lists that can help, as well as helpful people who will search for it for you.

And I hope you find your fic. It sounds semi-familiar, but I don't think that it's that all uncommon of a plot...which makes it harder to find. Is it only posted here? Or might it also be at fanfiction.net or some other place?

5. khameirsith

Mar 23, 2005
    I guess I'll have to go to that find fic link. Thanks for all those that replied, however, none of them were it.

For a more accurate description (I didn't realize there would be several post-RotJ fics depicting Vader's trial), I'll describe what I remember:

Anakin its taken away by Luke and Leia to a house on an unknown planet (I don't remember name of planet) to a house that Anakin once shared with Padme'.

Han eventually finds out where they are and joins them, wary the whole time of Anakin, his father-in-law.

The quartet do enjoy themselves, however, Han's goal was to bring Anakin back to Mon Mothma for a private trial.

The story depicts Anakin as an intelligent man, with knolwedge in finances (degree from universities, investing in companies, etc) and shows him as a compassionate man who was fooled by the Emperor.

I won't give away the ending for those that haven't read it, for its an interesting and insightful. Gives the reader an interesting view of the MIND behind the mask, and shows that though Vader had killed many, he was methodical and had his reasoning and had a purpose.

6. khameirsith

Mar 23, 2005
    Alethia, forgive me if I did not spell your name right, but I went to the link you listed, and the FIRST question was the same as mine. Here is the link for the actual story, and thanks for everyone's help.

http://fanfic.theforce.net/fanfic.asp?action=view&ID=60

7. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Got it! It's archived. Will edit with the link in a moment.
    EDIT: nevermind.

8. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    That's great that you found it and you're welcome for the link. Yes, Vader's redemtion but then having to possibly face trial seems to be a good, but fairly common plot. And now I know why that fic sounded so familiar- because it was already found in that thread...

And yes, you did spell my name right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.