1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th June)

Oz Comic Con: Sydney (10th-11th September), Brisbane (17th-18th September)

Oceania Help Me Get Stateside!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I am planning to be in the US for the release of Ep 3......any ideas on making money?! :D
  2. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    sell your soul to the devil. that's the best way of doing it :p

Seriously, a job of some description would be a good start. Asking your parents. If you are a student, you can get the student flight discounts as well.
  3. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    LOL!! Check my profile...at 37 married with two kids, I hardly think asking mum and dad will wash! :p Hubby is chipping in $50 a month and given me a $500 head start when we sold our bigscreen TV....I was thinking about a job when my youngest starts school in October.....but really, I was hoping to get some silly suggestions here, like the soul selling. I plan to work to get the money, once in a life time trip. :D
  4. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    Scratch the trip for the opening. Go to Celebration 3, then come back to Oz for the premiere. I think we get it first anyway.

:p
  5. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Can't afford C3, the accomodation alone will kill me....I have offers of accomodation from some friends...so will be able to save.. :D
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    What part of the US do you need to get to?
  7. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Well, I'm hoping to make the same trip Addie! So far working and saving doesn't seem to be the answer so I'm planning on either stealing kidneys from passed out people in pubs and clubs, or selling photos of my friends imitating celebrities...or maybe both... [face_thinking]

maybe we could go into business together? :p
  8. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oooh, can I join you, PulsarSkate? Some people have said that I look like Etahn Hawk...and others said Matthew Mc...that guy in all those movies whose name I can't spell! :p

Hmmm...as for money suggestions...well, I can't really give any advice. Cos' I'm only 18 and lack all this wordly experience... [face_plain]
  9. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Really Skate? You planning to be there for the release of EP 3? That's when I plan to go.....I have lots of DL friends in Texas, so I thought I'd go there......I have nearly $1000 saved......and enough frequent fliers to get me there....so I am working on it! :p
  10. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    oops ... maybe i should have read your bio first :p I'd love to go myself, but I'm thinking New Zealand, since if it is a world wide release, it'll be one of the first to show it. It's closer, more affordable, and I can make a holiday out of it by touring the lotr locations as well :p
  11. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Hubby suggested that,...but I want to meet some of my JC Dark Lord/Lady friends....and I figure I ain't getting any younger and this will be the last SW movie so why not?
  12. foxy_kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I don't know how to help you. I have Jelly Belly jelly beans... will that help? I've got a lot of them! Maybe you could make a Jelly Belly Boat! :D

I'm gonna watch it right here in Sydney. When Kart tells me it's time to! ^.^/
  13. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    ^^ haha, good point foxy :p

Actually, I do have friends in Sydney. Maybe I could go over there and make a fuss for the premiere. That should be interesting...

I'll have to start planning. Speaking of which, I might just be over to melbourne for a bit before the year is out. The Australian Game Developers Conference will be held in December, and I think I might attend. But that's another story...
  14. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Oh Goody! We can catch up for coffeeness! [face_dancing]
  15. dashleebo Jedi Knight

star 6
    I have an idea!

Go to your daughter's school and get her to tell all the kiddies that her mum needs $1 from everyone so she can visit a wonderful world of SW and bring back heaps of goodies for everyone who pays. She also had to say that there are no refunds allowed, and that a goody is not guaranteed. Plus the kiddies are not allowed to tell anyone of the terrific deal because then the magic dollar won't work.

Or....

Er, nevermind. :p

[face_mischief]

Sneaks out of thread...
  16. JediMasterKieca Jedi Master

star 4
    You could always sell lots and lots of fundraiser Freddos. They work really well :) I know I'd buy lots ;)

I remember selling them for a few months to raise money for a school excursion to New Caledonia. In the end I didn't end up going, so I was left with a whole lot of fundraiser money.
    Helped pay for my first semester's worth of HECS this year, so it's all good. All those people helped me ;)
  17. dashleebo Jedi Knight

star 6
    You could always sell lots and lots of fundraiser Freddos. They work really well I know I'd buy lots

That's actually a good idea. You could raise quite a lot with it, but I'm not sure how you get permission for the fundraising.

I loooove freddos. =P~
  18. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I think "Please Sir, can I sell frogs to go see a Star Wars movie in the US?" line may not work :p
  19. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Hmmm...

You could always dress up as a crazy Emperor's Hand and hold up your next FF meeting and get them to finance your trip...for the good the FF of course :p
  20. Darth_Meanders Jedi Master

star 5
    So if A-D starts charging us for our next FF meeting I'll know why :D

Hey Skate, did you see the pictures of our last FF meeting? A-D would have a tough time holding us up. Even though she bought the weaponary, we were able to disarm her easily enough :p

21. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    That you lot did.....but I do have the 'dis-arming' personality...... :p

Charging for a FF meeting....what a good idea DM!! Woo Hoo!! :D

see here Skate

They love me really! :p
  22. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    [face_laugh]

Time for a new plan methinks! :p
  23. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You should walk around retirement homes dressed up like someone from Legacy and sell fake raffle tickets.

The old and infirm are stupid and generally have lots of disposable income, what's one less course of antibiotics to them?
  24. Cat_Orange Jedi Knight

star 6
    The old and infirm are stupid and generally have lots of disposable income, what's one less course of antibiotics to them?

I think the nurses working there will complain when they start dropping like flies. :p

I'm with the 'sell your soul' idea. :D
  25. messicat_kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Don't sell your soul, sell someone elses!

Not mine though, don't even think about it, I've got it safeguarded.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.