main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Help me Obiwan Kenobi..."

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by BobaFrank, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorpe

Blackthorpe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    You know, I always thought that Obi-Wan's revelation about the Death Star not being a moon was because he could sense something through the Force. I'd imagine that a big hunk of metal infested with thousands of living beings would have a bit of a different feeling in the Force than a small moon would.

I think that Bail sent Leia to get Obi-Wan because things were not going good for the Rebelion. Ol' Bail wanted the last of the Jedi to come to their aid and maybe help them score a victory, which he did.

Although, I do like the idea that maybe he was sending Leia to be trained. I find that very intriguing.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    agreed. I never considered that before, but I think it's a good idea.

I'd also like to make a point along the "desperate hour" vein: don't underestimate the power of a single Jedi.

Luke almost single-handedly saves the galaxy (well, not quite, but you see my point). An untrained boy who pretty much improvs everything is the 3rd (and arguably 2nd) most powerful person in the galaxy, behind Vader and Palps.

And Obi-Wan is very, very highly trained. I personally assume that he is a Jedi Master at least by ANH, if not Episode III.

He could make a HUGE difference for the Rebels.

Especially in the ANH novelization, Vader realizes the threat Obi-Wan poses. "Escape is not his plan. He is the last of the Jedi Knights, and the greatest. The danger he poses must not be underestimated. Only I can stop him, and I must face him alone."

Or something like that - I"m going from memory.

3. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    I don't think Leia was being sent for Jedi training, it doesn't make sense to me to have someone in such a visible position as Leia to suddenly display Force skills. I think Obi-Wan intended only for Luke to become the Jedi Knight and not Leia, as evidenced by his comments on Dagobah: "That boy is our last hope"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.