main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help Me, Someone . . . You're my only hope.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Randos_Xel, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randos_Xel

Randos_Xel Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2006
    Hello. First of all, I just want to say that this place is great and I'm glad to be a part of it. I enjoy Star Wars very much and would like to discuss it. However, there seems to be a problem. The only board I can post on is this Welcome Board. I have tried to post on the EU Literature Board, the Prequels Board, and countless other boards, but the board will show up briefly on my computer screen and then be replaced by a "The website address you entered could not be found page. It's like I'm having trouble loading any of the boards except for the Welcome one. If someone could please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. I look forward to being able to post on other boards. Thanks and God bless.

2. LiveTheJediCode

LiveTheJediCode Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2006
    im pretty sure they only let you post in this forum until your account is 4 hours, 4 days, 4 something i think, and then your allowed access to the whole shmear.

3. Randos_Xel

Jun 30, 2006
    Oh, really? I didn't know that. Thanks for your help, LiveByTheJediCode. I hope you're right. The Welcome board is great, but I am anxious to post on Star Wars-related topics. I guess all I'll have to do is wait and see. *sigh* If anyone might have any other idea why it's not working, I'd be happy to hear it.

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I never heard of that rule but it may be true. It could be something with the server as it acts up sometimes though.

Anyhow, welcome to the boards and I hope that you enjoy yourself her very much.

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I never heard of that rule and I'm pretty sure that such a rule doesn't exist.

I would guess it is more a board hiccup. My suggestion is to wait a bit and try to post in other boards again and if it still doesn't work I would send gabe a PM. He's the technical admin and if he can't help you, I don't know who else. ;)

6. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Welcome to the boards :D

It's probably just a board error, try resetting your computer.

Anyways I hope you enjoy your stay here. You are right this place is great.

7. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome to the boards! Glad to have you here.

Feel free to hang out here in WNU for as long as you'd like, you may notice some social threads and games here, and you're completely welcomed to post in any one of them for as long and much as you would like. There's also a lot of helpful threads, such as the Map of the Boards - be sure to check them out.

Enjoy your stay!

Nope. Once you register you can post anywhere you'd like. Though that idea is intriguing... oh well!

8. LiveTheJediCode

LiveTheJediCode Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2006
    yeah, im involved in too many boards to keep track of all the different little details like that, but i just remember that that was a rule on one of the larger forums I visit.

9. Randos_Xel

Jun 30, 2006
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Also, thanks for all the suggestions! I tried restarting my computer, but unfortunately that didn't seem to do any good. So, I sent a PM to gabe. Hopefully, he'll be able to point me in the right direction. I guess all I can do is have a little faith that some solution will present itself. In the meantime, I look forward to at least posting on the Welcome board!

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    We hope it also that you can post at the whole board. If you find a solution, please, let us know what helped, just in the case that this comes up again, would you? :)

Other than that... We would be happy if you stay a bit in WNU and enjoy your stay. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.