main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Help, my girlfriend hates star wars!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by gonuts, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonuts

gonuts Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    i adore star wars, and I adore my girl. Everything in our relationship is running smoothly, except 4 one thing. She hates Star Wars, and loves Star Trek. Worse yet, she's only seen half of episode 4, and refuses to watch anything else SW . Now i know i shouldnt be stressed about this, but it really bugs me alot. Everytime we talk about great films, or sci fi, or anything influential, i always mention SW at some point, and she retorts by saying "Star Wars sucks". Is anyone else in a similar situation?

2. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Well I think Lost stinks, but my girl loves it. So I tease her about it, but she gets me back by saying that Battlestar Galactica is lame. We both love Star Wars so I have no advice, other than either live with it or live without her, she should be tolerant of your interests no matter what they are.

Especially blind folded mute midget jugglying... the sport needs more respect. :(

3. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Unfortunately our significant others can never share the passion that we have for certain things. Our individual likes and dislikes are what make us individuals. However it would be nice if our significant others could respect our tastes though they may not share in the same interests.

Perhaps you could come up with a compromise and alternate watching SW films with watching ST films and discuss them after to see why she thinks that SW sucks. Perhaps you don't like ST anymore then she likes SW. If that's the case, perhaps you can have a guy's night for SW stuff and she can have a night out with friends to do ST stuff?

My spouse has learned to live with my obsession of SW though he hardly understands why I'm so passionate about a series of movies. If your significant other respects you, they'll repect your interests as well.

I wish you the best of luck in resolving this! :)

4. Ekasra

Ekasra Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2004
    respond with Star Trek sucks ( Enterprise not included)

5. gonuts

gonuts Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    thanx 4 the replies, guys. They do help. But I almost dont want her to watch them now, if she's already going in with a negative opinion.

6. Ekasra

Ekasra Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2004
    Hawt pics?

7. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    My fiancee has never watched a SW film although myself & my son are obsessed by them.

If she doesnt come around to the fact that theyre they most brilliant films ever made i'm afraid i'll have to have her commtitted to a psych ward or "bumped off".

Its totally unacceptable that a person with such a shallow imagination should be allowed to exist.
    My advice... find another partner with a higher intelligence level....

I'm trying !! ;)

8. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    [face_laugh] Let me guess Evil...she'll be the next patient admitted to the new SAFF hospital! I don't work in psych so if she's admitted it's likely I may just throw her in a padded room and throw away the key ;)

9. gonuts

gonuts Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    good idea, EVIL. Good idea.

10. Darth_Nurse

Darth_Nurse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2006
    Goddess... Bad girl... I havent watch SW movies before you introduce it to me... so you'll throw me in a padded room and leave me there...:eek:

What a friend you are!!! I didn't like SW before!!![face_not_talking]

11. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004

...Ahhhh, but now you do. Besides, you aren't marryng me anytime soon! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.