help needed on how to make Garindans snoot

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DARTH2-D2, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. DARTH2-D2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Im trying to get Garindans(long snoot) costume together for the end of the month. The rest of the costume is pretty simple to get together. th snoot is troubling, any ideas, ive already thought of paper mache but not sure if it will bedurable enough. someone even said to use a gas mask for a base and then add the paper mache, or use a cardboard tube. any other ideas please... -Dan
  2. Stubbzilla TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 2
    I would look at the people who've done twilek costumes. I seem to remember hearing something about stuffing part of the leg of some nylons, then covering it with a type of latex stuff, then some sort of flexible paint.
  3. DARTH2-D2 Jedi Master

star 4
    interesting, but money for latex and flexable paint i dont have right now, it could be for a longer term solution down the line. im trying to be cost effective. Im actually working on it now, thin cardboard from snackfoods like pizza, masking taped together and then im gonna used paper mache. and then some paint and elastic to hold it on, it looks ok so far. but i am looking for it to be just a quick costume and then work on making a better long term one for future use. -Dan
  4. Stubbzilla TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 2
    Hot glue will hold together under paper mache a lot better than masking tape. Masking tape seems to have this thing about not like water.
  5. DARTH2-D2 Jedi Master

star 4
    well i did it, its drying pretty well and the tape held. I might do one more layer depending on how it feels
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.