main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HELP! Only have $250 for spending at CIII

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by hog-o-sith_72, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hog-o-sith_72

hog-o-sith_72 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2005
    OK, I need help, beyond the $60 for the four vader figures that I'll get, that leaves me with only $250 spending for the 4 days at the convention, including foodstuffs. HELP! Damn car repair sucked $500 away from me! UGH!

Anyone? Anyone?

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    That leaves you with $62.50 per day. Set aside... half of that for food and drink to start with. That'll give you $30.00 per day for other random merchandise.

Thankfully, once you're in the doors, you really don't have to pay for anything else.

3. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm sure you'll be fine.

you don't really need to worry about "surviving" with that kind of money, last time I had only 120$ for 4 days of stay, and this time around I got 300$ an dI'm not stressed at all about it.

If you want to save some money on a meal however, you should bring some ramen noodles for your supper.
    But make sure to get a healthy breakfast the next day.

4. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    don't have a birthday or something coming up? I live in Canada and all I asked for my birthday was American Money. I almost got $130. I love my family!

5. BADKARMAJMC333

BADKARMAJMC333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    Well it looks like you out of luck bub.

Better strat pawning stuff.

That what I did.

EDIT: Profanity removed.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    hog-o-sith_72 posted on 4/16/05 9:03am
    OK, I need help, beyond the $60 for the four vader figures that I'll get, that leaves me with only $250 spending for the 4 days at the convention, including foodstuffs. HELP! Damn car repair sucked $500 away from me! UGH!

Anyone? Anyone?
    [hr][/blockquote]

I know that allllllll to well... I HAD nearly 1K set aside and then [i]'Life Happened'[/i] which whittled me down to about half that. However, I figure that still leaves me with pleanty to play with and besides, I can take piccys, load up on free-bies, eat carefully and just take in the experiance.

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, I've got 250 and I'm not too worried about getting along. Breakfasts are free at my hotel, lunch is going to be homemade sandwhiches (thanks to the kitchenette at the hotel, So it'll probably be pretty much dinner and momentos that I'll be spending stuff on.

8. furthermore

furthermore Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    You can absolutely have a great experience without a lot of cash to burn! After Celebration II, I feel like the key is (1) plan and prioritize, and (2) know what to expect (when that's possible).

I have to admit that the long lines and the fact that you sometimes have to skip some sessions entirely due to the long wait in line for a following session, got under my skin. Then, I took a little zen moment in my head and thought, quit being frustrated, roll with it, and decide what I most want to do.

Likewise, if you have certain purchases you're really attached to, just put them at the top of your list. For some of the items (potentially the Vader figure, the exclusive mini saber, the exclusive sandtrooper, for example), you may need to hit up the right vendor promptly as you enter in the morning. But even though those items are getting a lot of screen time in this forum, there are tons of other items and you really can browse in a relaxed way for most of those.

At the risk of getting stoned by the masses, I wonder if a lot of us might want to think twice about hard commitment to so many of the exclusive items. Just buy a few things that really spark something in you and that won't break your bank, whatever that may be. This can get a little intense if we let it - just enjoy your time there and have fun.

9. hog-o-sith_72

hog-o-sith_72 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2005
    Thanks for all the advice. The only exclusives I really want are the 4 figures, the mini-saber and the program. I'm not a fan of busts, so the Sandtrooper is out. I'll probably do breakfast and a light dinner. Heck, I'm going to have gastric bypass surgery on May 2nd, so I'm already getting used to not eating that much. LOL.

10. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I also only have $250 to spend but I should be fine. I've already paid for all my extra events so all I'm buying is meals, C3 merchandise, a couple autographs, and donating some of my money to charaties like Kisses for Katie. There's no need to buy action figures or merchandise at top dollar when it can be regularly found in a Walmart for $5.25.

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I only had $100 to spend at C2 and most of that went into gas for my rental car.. .I still had a good time, but wasn't able to buy anything... I also needed to eat!

12. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Start donating blood today! You can probably hit most of the banks in your home town, and then hit as many as you can on the way to Indianapolis. I beleive that ther are three centers in the immediate vicinity of the Convention Center so just stop in and you walk out with 5 bucks AND a cup of orange juice and a cookie! Lunch is served!

13. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    just stop in and you walk out with 5 bucks AND a cup of orange juice and a cookie! Lunch is served!

:D Unfortunately don't expect people to pick you up when you pass out in line. Bruno, You really shouldn't have suggested this! Indy bloodbanks are probably going to run out of blood bags.

EDIT: I should have added I'm going to buy anything and everything I want. I started a C3 fund when my son and I returned from C2. I've got enough saved to do it up in style. Unfortunately my son isn't able to get away from school so I'm flush. I saved because he's the one that wanted everything. I don't want much so I should come out way ahead.

14. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Hey your lucky i didn't post my origianl idea, that would put quite a few pimps out of business for the weekend!

15. BalooKen

BalooKen Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Does anybody have any info or links on this mini saber I've seen mentioned above for c3? I haven't heard of it until now.

16. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Its a MR exclusive.

17. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I had the EXACT same problem at C2. However, I made the mistake of spending too much of my money on getting autographs and not enough on enjoying the rest of the con. This time around, I'm going to try and spread it out between autographs, the C3 store and vendors. HOW I'll do that, I'm still wondering. Here's a tip though. In terms of food, bring some granola bars with you and save the money that you would otherwise spend for overpriced sandwiches and pizza once inside. They may not be the most delicious thing, but they get you through the day, expecially when you're waiting in line.

18. Cpt_Obvious

Cpt_Obvious Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Seriously? You have plenty.

19. BalooKen

BalooKen Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Who's lightsaber is it, how much, and do you know of any photo links to it. I checked MR site and it mentions no C3 exclusive.

Thanks for any help, and I hope to see you there!!

Oh, by the way... you still have a few days, so sell a kidney. You only need one. Trust me, you'll have plenty of time for recovery waiting in line! Although, I don't know if they give you cookies and juice with that. You'd be blowing a good meal there!

20. jedileann

jedileann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't have that much for spending either because I decided it was worth the extra cost staying at one of the hotels right by the convention center. Since to room is equiped with a fridge, I'm shopping at Aldi's and bringing a microwave for hot meals (like hot dogs).

21. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    ALDI, Gawd I miss shopping at aldi. Corn Dogs ar eon of the basic food groups when saving for exclusive action figures on a teachers salary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.