main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HELP OUR MODS!!! Post your support of our mods and your disdain of corporate politics!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    If you check out Stinrab's thread "in case you were wondering", controversy has struck the JC!

Our mods are being coerced into giving up their personal information on an unsecure site by TFN majority owner PhilipWise, or else they must accept demotion!

No reasons for this demand were given!

Post your support for them here!

Do not wait while they discuss this in a committee!

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Unfortunately, Dustin, there's really not a whole lot we can do about it. I completely back the mods--even the ones I don't like. But, with Phil in charge, we're screwed.

Everyone can feel free to come to the forums in my sig if they so desire... [face_mischief]

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Of course there's not much we can do about it.

But we CAN complain, and that's the point of this thread. :D

EDIT: I noticed you are protesting by removing your icon, Matt. That's something too.

4. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    Consider me in on the protest. I'll hit every thread around the forums with it.

~~~Spoiler & Trailer Free Til Episode 3!~~~
    ...in the Emporer's S.E.C.R.E.T. S.E.R.V.I.C.E.

~I support the Mods, RSA's and FF~

5. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Count me in [/luke]

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    This is ridiculous. I'm fully in support of the mods. Doesn't Philip understand how important the boards are to TFN? All this is going to do is come back and bite him in the ass later on.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I support the mods 100%

They lead us, help us, guide us, and bind the JC together.

What Philip did was terrible.
    He has no right at all.

8. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    I took my icon down for all of the mods.

9. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Me too.
    Supporting is a good idea, as long as the community as a whole stands together.

10. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    You have to treat it just like any other job, I suppose. If you don't like the boss's rules, quit. It's not like they get paid or anything.

Still, they do alot of work without being paid, and I don't think they need to give up their personal info, especially on an unsecure server.

Any boss who loses enough good employees will have to rethink his policies.

11. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I know that I speak for all of the other mods when I say that we are all really appreciating all of the support that we've recieved during the past day or two. It really means a lot to us and I want to personally thank all of you for that. :)

:) Mace Windy,
    too windy for words!

12. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I was talking to someone on AIM last night, and we both agreed that it really sucks that it takes something this crappy to unite most of the members of the JC.

13. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Its sad that it had to come to this... :(

But from this, we as a group have united in support of each other, and of our forum Moderators. I pledge my support for this cause, because I know many Moderators here, and I have had the previlege of working with each one at some point or another though the Adoptions Program ;) .

So, consider me in :D !

14. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Count me in. This is ridiculous and unfair. Personal privacy and anomynity is the purpose of boards like these. You should have the freedom to remain anonymous. Trust me, if the mods quit or are fired, there will be no mods on the boards and there will only be chaos. This legislation as it were will never pass. I remove my icon in support of our mods!

15. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I too back the mods and I think as bad as it is at least the JCers are actually united on something now.

I think that Phillip was asking too much and that the Mods should be able to not give out more information than they feel comfortable releasing.

-Jedi Master and Mod Supporter Zax Starwalker

16. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    The whole thing sounds ridiculous to me, you can totally appriciate why someone wouldn't want to give their details away in a situation like they were asked too. I totally back the mods and I hope you guys can sort everything out.

17. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    SLAVE2: "The whole thing sounds ridiculous to me, you can totally appriciate why someone wouldn't want to give their details away in a situation like they were asked too. I totally back the mods and I hope you guys can sort everything out."

Exactly, especially since no one is getting paid to Moderate anyway. I could see if perhaps 'yes' were getting paid, then I could see the need for it. However, they are not. And not supplying all the information as to why its needed is foolish!

18. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    OK, took my icon down.

19. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    You got me too. I'll support the mods.

20. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    As a co-owner, this Phillip guy (I must confess I'd never heard of him before today) can do whatever he likes with the site. Including taking away Mod powers.

Doesn't mean it's right, of course.

Count me in.

21. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Change your icon, get a manual sig, put something in your regular sig, say you support the mods, whatever.

But the best way to support the mods is to follow the rules and cause as little trouble as possible.

22. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Aww, but what about all these large wooden barrels with 'TNT' written on the side that I've been busy gathering?

23. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    [face_laugh]

Now now, Damon. You know we can't condone that... ;)

Seriously, I want to add my thanks to Windy's. The support we've gotten lately has been truly touching. I also want to back ousley's request that the protests stay peaceful. Philip's primary concern is money, and since the JC is barely breaking even, he has said he sees nothing wrong with shutting down the boards if we all make life hell for him. So please, please don't give him an excuse to do that.

24. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    Understood, Mara! We'll be nice peoples around here.

I am not making that promise for the JC, though. 8-}

Damon, I know a coyote that will buy those from you to catch some bird... but you'll need to spray 'ACME' above the TNT on the barrels. [face_laugh]

25. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Supporting is a good idea, as long as the community as a whole stands together.
    Unfortunately, there are people that like to flame, in situations like this. They scoff at thier own freedom.

You have to treat it just like any other job, I suppose. If you don't like the boss's rules, quit.
    Too bad they don't get paid for it, since it is a labor of love.

I know that I speak for all of the other mods when I say that we are all really appreciating all of the support that we've recieved during the past day or two. It really means a lot to us and I want to personally thank all of you for that.
    Hay for all the work you have done for us, we owe it to you.

Stay Strong! Stay the Course! Stay Peaceful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.