HELP OUR MODS!!! Post your support of our mods and your disdain of corporate politics!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks for your support, ladies and gents. It's truly appreciated. :)
  2. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    I completely support you guys.

<<<--See my lack of Icon and sig
  3. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I wish there was more we could do - but at least the response is there - people DO care in the JC, and I support every mod out there - it's a tough job, particularly in this forum.

While I still think that our lovely 3NSA has the highest quality posting and general good attitude, the mods have a tough time dealing with what exactly constitutes a spoiler, as well as the problems with trolls.

The result? The formation of this private board that the 3SA tried to copy 8-}, and a comprehensive policy on spoilers and how to be considerate.

Anyway, "we need to elect a new Chancellor. A strong Chancellor". ;)
  4. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Too bad there are no real elections in a dictatorship. ;)
  5. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in.
    Have the site owners ever explained why they need this information?
  6. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
  7. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's the kicker. Privacy issues are always a hot topic across the Internet, so it's just plain wrong of Mr. Wise to not be understanding about this issue.

Think I'll hang on to these wooden barrels, juuuust in case....
  8. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Shut down the Boards?!

My fresh insights!

My witty remarks!

My Space Science Thread!!

Ok everyone, relax, peace love and happiness.

9. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm in too. Been so for a while, but I thought I should announce my support here too.
  10. SLR Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I support the mods anyway that will help the in their cause.
  11. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    It would take a LOT for them to shut the boards down, and at this point, its not gonna happen. I talked to GS about the whole issue for a bit last night, and he gave extra assurance of that fact. ;)
  12. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Well this is it. I'm leaving the boards and I won't return to TFN until the mods are reinstated. It's been real everyone. I'll be on the mirror board if you need anything!
  13. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Mirror boards won't work--you can't get everyone there. And would you really WANT them all there? Think of all the people you don't like on the JC. Then think of a board with all the people you like and without the ones you don't like. That's the type of place you should go. You shouldn't try to lump everyone together, but instead split up into groups and cliques and go there--much more enjoyment that way. ;)
  14. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Alright, Matt, stop plugging your darn board - although it HAS received a lot more traffic since this incident at tFN. 8-}

I like the small private boards, but I like the size of our community here.

C'mon - we're #3 (or whatever) on Big Boards - that's a pretty significant thing and we shouldn't give up on it right away.

I admire your stance, Typho, but I guess as it stands now, I'd rather not give up the 3NSA, my home away from home.
  15. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well I'm staying put. I'm not gonna quit the JC for this. They'll have to prise my cold dead hands away from the keyboard before I leave the JC.

That or cancel my account. Whichever's easier.

16. AnikaAnakin Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've also removed my icon and added a line in my sig.
    :D
    It's a shame that this thing happened in the first place, and without a reasonable explanation by Philip Wise. TFN is nothing (well almost) without the boards.

Sapient, Stinrab and the other mods has my support all the way.
  17. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, Damon I'vr got a book of matches over here
  18. sharkboy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yes I add my name to the list also I would never send my real name and address ect over the net this is most unfair.
  19. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Again, I would like to offer a big "thank you" to each and every one of you for all of the support that you have shown over the past few days.

In order to bring a bit of normalcy to the board, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. While I do encourage you to continue to support the mods, I think that by this point the groundwork has been laid for any of you who wish to make personal statments or protests to do so at an individual level.

:) Mace Windy,
    too windy for words!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.