main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

help please

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by jedi_derek, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_derek

jedi_derek Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    I try and try and try, but i just cvan't get an opening crawl to work using anything. Can someone some how make me an opening crawl and send it to me by email or something?

My movie will be so great, i will repay anyone who helps me.

thanks

2. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    I'm in a giving mood. What do you want it to say and what do you want it to do.

Details please.

3. jedi_derek

Aug 21, 2002
    well, i would like an opening crawl just like in the phantom menace. I would like it to say. Star Wars(obviusly) The Unseen Truth

Then the story line is something like....

It's the beginning of the formation of the Republic, dark times have fallen over the Galaxy. It is a time when Jedi and Sith number in the thousands. On a small planet there looms a mysteruios legend of the one who has the powers to destroy all of the jedi in the galaxy. Two Jedi have been sent to this planet to discover the man before he is converted to thew dark side, the Jedi must have faith that the man will choose the right path. Meanwhile the ongoing battle rages on between jedi and sith.

well that s it i guess. its my first story so it might sound kind of bad, well can you help me. Thanks

4. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
  5. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    LOL!!!! [face_laugh]

6. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    Are you serious?!

Although at first an opening crawl may seem a huge task if you have no previous experience with the programs required, it is actually very easy.

Even if you just download the sample Blender crawl and edit the text to your liking, you will be able to say "I DID THAT" in one way or another.

In my opinion, making a fanfilm should test and further your abilities.

I mean this in no dis-respect, but I feel this board is for advice and guidance, not "will you do it for me".

All the best,
    Pred

7. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Whoa! That was hilarious! (Still is.) I even slowed it down in premiere to see what it said, and that was funny too!

8. jedi_derek

Aug 21, 2002
    i downloaded blender and tried to do an opening crawl, but i just can't figure it out and it just doesn't work for me.

9. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    did you read the tutorial?

10. jedi_derek

Aug 21, 2002
    Yes, i read the tutorial and everything and i can't get it to do an opening cralw in blender.

11. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    why don't you take us step by step with what you are doing. then maybe we can find out what you are doing wrong.

12. jedi_derek

Aug 21, 2002
    well, i get screwed up from about step 2. maybe one of you guys, like you homer can give me your step by step or something.

13. mpfjr

Sep 8, 2001
    do you want it to pan down to a planet, a ship, both, neither..

"details"

I am bored, it is a friday night, my wife is asleep downstairs on the couch, I am watching Law and Order..

Give me details and I'll hammer it out before I hit the sack.

14. jedi_derek

Aug 21, 2002
    I want it to pan down on a planet, just put the planet as earth, and i already said what i want it to say earlier on this topic, thanks

15. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    well, since someone is doing it for you............I'll just exit from this thread.

*Lord_Homer exits :cool:

16. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    Ya, thats pretty funny. :D But seriously I think you should learn how do it yourself... (hope I didn't sound too mean :)) Check Ya ;)

17. mpfjr

Sep 8, 2001
    Ok, one final question before I render it out.. what resolution do you want? eg. 640X480 etc..

Also what file format: if I don't hear anything before 10PM PST (it is currently 9:26pm) I'll render it out at 512X486 using quicktime .mov with Sorenson 3.

18. mpfjr

Sep 8, 2001
    ok, well it is uploading to my server right now.
    I did the whole thing with music etc.. it runs about 50MB's and 1minute 29seconds.

I had to render it out like.. oh, 20 times because premiere kept crashing on me. It is time for a re-install of my os.

anyways, my ftp software says it'll take 30 minutes to upload. I am going to leave it going and go to bed. So you may download it after 12:20AM PST. I'll leave it up on my site for the weekend.

Right Click here and select "save target as" to download

have fun!

-Mike

EDIT: P.S. Forgot to mention the most important part. All the 3ds models were taken directly from scifi3d. The max opening crawl, the planet everything. So please remember to give proper credit in your film.

19. jedi_derek

Aug 21, 2002
    thanks a million mpfjr. I owe you one. Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.