main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help question: Court deck vs. LS Hoth

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by jade-sabre, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    Me and my friend are playing our decks for fun. I am playing a Court deck with capturing bounty hunters. He is playing a hide-under-the-shield Hoth deck.

Is there anyway to go to Hoth and bring captives back to Jabba's Palace to feed to my Rancor?

I know docking bays and Elis Helrot won't work. Please help. Thank you in advance!

2. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Get to Marker 4 then shuttle to a ship and then either have that ship go to Tatooine or move to the docking bay. Next turn, either DB transit or shuttle down to Tatooine.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    You can't DB transit to or from Hoth while the shield is up.

4. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    Bossk in Hound's Tooth is the best way to invade Hoth under those circumstances, with the deck you are playing, Jabba's Space cruiser might help as well.

5. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I meant to DB transit from the ship's docking bay to a Tatooine DB.

6. jade-sabre

Feb 18, 2000
    I have the bounty hunter ships and Jabba's cruiser in my deck, so that is good. If the Tatooine planet is on the table, but there is no Hoth planet, can I still fly the ship from the Hoth surface site to Tatooine?

Also, is there a generic ship docking bay I can put aboard the Hound's Tooth?

Thanks for all the replies so far!

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    No to both.

But it really isn't worth it to invade Hoth. Just sit on Tatooine and play your own game.

8. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    The only problem with that is that his own game is capturing his opponent's characters.

9. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    If the Hoth system is not in play, then your best bet is Ellis Helrot to get to the exposed marker site and move in.

However, you may want to beef up your deck for drains and direct damage as opposed to chasing him. Invading Hoth with bounty hunters may be dangerous, you need to find a way to make him come to you.

10. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    You don't want to invade Hoth, because you can't get out with captives if there's no Hoth system (without captives, you could Elis from the 4th marker). Use ground drains (a couple Tatooine drain +1 sites, Mara's Saber, maybe a Presence of the Force or two), Search And Destroy, and Court damage (0 side) to make him come to you or lose the drain race. There may be some Episode 1 cards that can help you too, but I don't really remember what they would be. If you are playing with the Tatooine system and a few bounty hunter ships, you can also use Battle Order to slow his drains.

11. jade-sabre

Feb 18, 2000
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

I have Mara's saber and Tatooine Occupation in my deck for big drains along with Court's text. I will thrown in a couple of Elis(es) to try and transport away from the 4th marker if I get in trouble. I have a feeling that my friend might be stuborne and not come to Tatooine only to lose by force drains, which means I have no way to go in and get him for my Rancor food :)

Thanks again for the debate and suggestions here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.