main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help- Quick law enforcement question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HaiGan, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Jane Jinn suggested I try posting this here as well as in the Fiction resource section where I tried first, so if it looks familiar that's why. I'm looking for detail for a pre-TPM fic. I'm hoping you EU fanatics can help me out. :)

Does anyone know of any incident in the books, comics, or other related material where there is an official code or procedure named for dealing with or chasing a renegade Jedi? Has any procedure been mentioned (for example, would the Order need permission from local law enforcement to arrest a rogue Jedi on their planet)?

Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

2. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Even without the influence of the Sith, some Jedi Knights were seduced by evil.

The Jedi Council rarely executed these fallen Jedi, preferring instead to banish the offenders in the hopes

that, in primitive isolation, they might focus on their Masters teachings and return to the light.

This passage is in the The Essential Chronology

I know this doesn't really answer your question but it was the best I could find [face_blush]

I couldn't find any other sort of code word used buy the Jedi to hunt Rogue Jedi. All it mentions is how this or that Jedi stopped this or that Dark Jedi. [face_blush]

I hope this might help a little :D If not Sorry :_| I hope someone else can answer the question for you :D

3. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Thanks for the quote, Jades_Fire :) . Sounds as if they banish them to remote areas, though. I'd guess they don't want someone with potentially dangerous and corrupting abilities at large among the general public.

What I'm really looking for, though, would be specific cases (for the usual procedures) and anything like the police radio codes, penal codes or slang: Code 37- stolen vehicle, Code 211- armed robbery, Rockspider- paedophile, Rabbit- fleeing subject.

Anyone? :)

4. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Um, if I were you, I'd just make something up. I know, I'm not much help, but that's all I got. BTW, what is a phaedophile?

5. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Pe-do-phil-ia: n, (1906) A sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object. Pe-do-phil-i-ac.

6. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    You might want to check out the short story, "Final Exit", by Patrica A. Jackson. This story has been published in three different sources, but the most accessible of the three is in Tales from the Empire, an anthology paperback published by Bantam Books.

It features a Fallen Jedi, Lord Adalric Cessius Brandl, who previously worked for the Emperor as a High Inquisitor, (Imperial Jedi Hunter).

However, there are references to a specific code section number, predating the Empire, that deals with law enforcement's classification of renegade, criminal Jedi. You'll note that this code section is used as dialogue in a similar way that any law enforcement agency/officer would refer to say, "the Penal Code section," within their jurisdiction.

I know it's not exactly on point. This deals with a situation more akin to a Sector Ranger going after a Dark Jedi - but for whatever insights it might provide, feel free to check it out!!!

7. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Oh-ho, that reference sounds like a good one, Ana Vitorrian. They've got Tales from the Empire at my local library, too. Come to that, I've actually READ the thing, it was just a loooong time ago. I'll go check it out. Big thanks! :)

8. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    'The Final Exit' was perfect as reference. Thank you thank you thank you! :) :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.