main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Help required

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheBoogieMan, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    And the architect from the Matrix!

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    No God is whoever thought up Hot n Spicy popcorn chicken and those meteors.

oooh YUMMY.

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Whales have always held a spiritual role in human cultures. There is scientific evidence to suggest that cetaceans (whales, dolphins) have higher consciousness, and are maybe nearing the intelligence of humans. It's a difficult thing to determine, however.

The KFC in Otahuhu has this big sign up saying they'll be open on Christmas Day :mad: I hope working that shift is voluntary.

4. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    To be honest i couldn't give a flying **** how chickens are treated as long as you cook it well you ain't gonna get sick. I mean boo frickin hoo it's a chicken......it's their purpose.

Personally, as a vegetarian, i've never eaten meat. I don't think i ever will, either.

A chicken's purpose? Nothing has a purpose. Don't be silly. Certainly if a chicken has a purpose it isn't to suffer incredibly and needlessly before it's life is cut drastically short simply to satisfy our tastebuds. It's not a question of can it speak? or even can it think? but can it suffer? and i think there is overwhelming evidence to answer this.

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Personally, as a vegetarian, i've never eaten meat.

Umm, I don't think that's a personal thing, but a *vegetarian* thing.

People complain when we treat chickens in this fashion, but the fact of the matter is, without it, there is not enough room on this earth for all crop and production for the exponential growth of humans. We are merely evolving and have formed a way of containing animals. And when we don't contain them (ie: hunting ducks) people get up in arms about it and protest in kayaks on opening duck hunting day. But no one complains (and if they do they bloody well shouldn't) when a cheatah runs down and kills a baby antelope on tv. We are doing just that. We're just smarter and can contain and breed the prey. Putting them into the smallest possible space, and yet gain the production required is just smart. It's getting the result with the minimum expenditure of resource (space in this case). It's generally the ignorant that complain.

I had a Chicken Cranberry and Brie pizza from Pizza Hut tonight, the pictures look better. Average. Ok though. Rather a Spag's Apricot Chicken though, or a Double Chicken Greek Recipie Souvlaki. :p

6. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    Yeah the cranbrie pizza starts tasting bad after the first piece, it would be nice with normal cheese!

7. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    Mel, are you a vegetarian? Because if you're not, I guess you could argue that you see something thatr died needlessly every time you eat a meal.
    nope I'm not a vegetarian and I dont consider my meal's death a useless death. we all need to eat! ;)
    quite a difference to a poor whale stranding on a beach isnt it???

-Mel
    *suddenly huge Kristanna Loken fan*
    [image=http://home.tiscali.de/movieaddict/images/Brunhild.jpg]

8. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Ok that's weird ^

All i know is that meat is damn tasty Boogie Man, especially those native Kangaroos of yours which I've sampled courtesy of the Hokitika Wild Foods Festival!

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    One Red Dog (cafe bar type place) sells awesome pizzas. One Reptile has crocodile meat; kinda chewy chicken. Oh, and I've eaten Wallaby a few times. Not too shabby.

Wallaby is more precious to Auzzies than Roo. Roo's are pests, though a species or two of Wallaby that have been introduced to NZ is now critically endangered in Auzzie (ooh, remind anyone of another little marsupial?) Auzzie should be nicer to us and let us win the cricket every now and then.

:p

I just love how we always stay on topic.

10. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I just love how we always stay on topic.

Yeah what was this one about, a trip to New Zealand or something.........then it was about whales......then cruelty to animals.......then chicken (mmmmmm [face_chicken] =P~ chicken )........and now onto kangaroos i mean wtf!

It's like we all goo ADHD or something!

11. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    do you always have to come back to chicken??? I'm really getting hungry now... =P~

It's like we all goo ADHD or something!
    whats ADHD????

-Mel

12. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    [mybadspelling] Attention Deficit Hyperactiveity Disorder [/mybadspelling]

13. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    ^oh that one :D
    I have that from time to time ;)

-Mel

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    no?

Solo used the ['f'orbidden] letter. :eek:

15. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    eff eff eff eff!

16. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Umm, I don't think that's a personal thing, but a *vegetarian* thing.

I was meaning the *never* eaten meat bit. That's a bit different from your regular vegetarian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.