main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HELP] Resident Evil: The original

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Solo42986, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    So I just acquired this from a coworker (the original 97 release for Windows 95), and it's something I've been wanting to play for the longest time (I have a N64 and Xbox, neither of which have this for it). The only problem is, it was designed for a far inferior machine to run on, and doesn't work like it should on my computer (Windows Media Center 04). Whenever I try to access the status screen (Z or F4), I always end up getting the Options screen instead; making it rather difficult to mix things together or regain health, etc. And yes, I am one who needs the extra help, there's no way I can make it through the entire game on one clip and my original health :p. Is there anyone out there that might be able to help troubleshoot this for me? And if not, does anyone know where I can find the "director's cut" (which I assume is an upgraded version of the game)? Thanks.

2. DarthNapoleon

DarthNapoleon Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    I never played Resident Evil on PC. I had it on the original Playstation. The only thing I can think of trying is to see if you can set up your key configuration.
    Also, I don't think the Director's Cut came out on anything else but the playstation.

3. Dark_Xan

Dark_Xan Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    I have the remake of 'Resident Evil' on GameCube, though I am not entirely sure if it is an exact replica of your version. I've completed it, so if it happens to be, just give me a yell, and I'll help you out.

4. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    It isn't. The remake is significantly harder than the original. It's got mad stuff like Codename: Black Tiger, invincible bosses and the insane Crimson Zombies added in on top of new versions of everything in the original game.

Still the best game available for the cube, though.

To answer the original question.....

Have you tried XP's compatibility mode? That tends to fix loads of stuff.

5. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I think that's what my (computer science major) girlfriend suggested, so I'll probably try that next and see what happens. On the off chance that she doesn't know how to do it, how do you run the compatability thing?

6. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Really simple. Rightclick on an icon of whatever you want to run, got to properties. Then click the compatibility tab. You'll be presented with a range of options that can really help in running old software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.