main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help save Sam and Max (LucasArts have cancelled it for no good reason)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Wait a second, jp-30 is the webmaster of savesamandmax.com?? Wicked ...

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    No, no. I just volunteered to redesign the site into something more attractive and easier to navigate than the current one-page jumble for the owner.

Coming along nicely too - hopefully it'll go up live tonight. :D

3. CieSharp

May 18, 2002
    I can't wait to see the new website!

I have an idea, but if it's used at all, perhaps it should be done as "Phase 2" if Phase one (petitions to get Lucasarts to reverse their decision, picket protests, etc.) fails.

We should make a petition to encourage Lucasarts to sell the work they have done with "Sam and Max" sequel to another company willing to finish and publish it. It is a longshot proposition, but it seems the momentum of this movement is being lost. Everybody who is a fan of Sam and Max has signed the petition, and contacted Lucasarts. You will get more signatures every day, but the momentum is being lost.

I realized that now Lucasarts is catering to their console customers; millions of people everywhere who not only have never heard of Sam and Max, but do not use the internet for anything besides homework research.

If they wont release "Sam and Max", the fan base has spoken, and LEC wont budge, it seems we would only have one choice left, and that is to encourage LEC to pass down the rights.

--

Clever thread on Lucasarts support forum:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=133&tstart=0

Funny stuff! Too bad it was locked :( :(

4. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, selling the work-in-progress is an option yet to be explored.

Anyway, my boy was sick with tonsilitis yesterday, so the site redesign is a bit behind schedule - hopefully tonight I'll wrap it up.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Petition is now past 19,000 signatures.

EDIT: And the website has a new look and stuff!

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, do you like the new look and stuff - astounding if you ask me? ;)

Still a couple of bugs (broken links on a couple of pages, etc) that I need to fix tonight.

www.savesamandmax.com

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yes I do like it. :D

Site owned by, and content maintained by, Tim Price. Site design by jp-30.

OMG! THATS U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read and join-in some of the online discussion threads regarding Sam & Max's Demise

theforce.net #1
    theforce.net #2

OMG x 2!!!

:p

8. CieSharp

May 18, 2002
    I like the idea of picketing E3. Has anybody ever picketed E3, targetting a specific company? If so, what was the result of their protest?

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    10 Screenshots, some new, some original versions of ones only before available as magazine scans;

right here

Oh, the tragedy. :(

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    :(

Is there any word on what happened at the protest at Lucasarts?

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It didn't really happen - all the support for the guy was form out-of-state.

Hopefully it'll be better organised for E3.

12. Darth_Darthy

Darth_Darthy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    Darthy to pr@lucasarts.com:

After the recent crop of god awful Star Wars products (all of which I gleefully returned to the store) I was kind of hoping this would be the redemption of the company that was once known as THE premier developer of innovating titles but with the cancellation of Sam & Max 2 I can see that will no longer happen.
    Escape from Monkey Island will have been the last game I bought from you folks without having demanded a refund (not that you personally care). A bit of a sad state of affairs. It?s a real shame and no doubt incredibly demoralizing to the staff who put so much into a product that was clearly winner and are already paid wages which are legendary within the industry for being incredibly poor.

Perhaps someone should remind Mike Nelson of the word and that comes after "Lucas" in this particular LLC. because at one point it actually stood for something.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    [image=http://members.optusnet.com.au/%7Ehierohero/images/sam-tshirt00.jpg]

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    LucasArts, A month or two back;
    "After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC" says Mike Nelson, Acting General Manager and VP of Finance and Operations. There is currently no plan to reduce staff."

LucasArts, April 24
    "Dark clouds formed over San Rafael, California, today as LucasArts laid off 29 of its employees. Before the layoffs, the head count at the company stood at 418, less than the 430 listed on the LucasArts Web site. A LucasArts spokesperson told GameSpot the cuts were made "to bring studio staffing levels into line with the current development slate"

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    *slaps forehead*

16. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    ...those dirty downsizing slimeballs. Where's Michael Moore when you need him?

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    So, did the protest at E3 happen?

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I'd assume not.

It's hard enough to get in there anyway, letalone wearing a costume and acting like an ass.

19. k1rby623

k1rby623 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2004
    Maybe if they make a Sam and Max movie they'll release the game. After all they seem make games based on movies all the time. just a thought.

20. k1rby623

k1rby623 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2004
    man, i live in LA and i couldn't go to E3. i woulda been there spreading all the anti-Lucasarts propaganda i could think of and wearing that "Max Lives" t-shirt. oh well...

21. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    [image=http://members.optusnet.com.au/%7Ehierohero/images/maxlives.gif]

pwned

22. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I saw that at the site :p hehe

¤Night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.