HELP! Save the JEDI APPRENTICE series!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Aug 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal Jedi Master

star 4
    See TFN's books page for a link to an online petition to continue Scholastic/Lucasbook's Jedi Apprentice series.

Current intelligence indicates that the series which relates the exploits of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi is scheduled to end after issue #18 (we've seen 14 so far), and that author Jude Watson will instead be applying her skills to a new series, Jedi Quest, that will feature the adventures of Obi-Wan and HIS apprentice, Anakin Skywalker.

What's a 34-year-old doing reading these kiddy books anyway? Well, there aren't nearly enough adult SW novels published to keep me busy, so I've got plenty of time for these also. But mostly I just like them. They're really fun stories.

I'm sure the new series will be great, but it'd be nice to see the Jedi Apprentice series continued also. Perhaps Ms. Watson could alternate between series, or they could switch the JA series to a new author.

Anyway, if you love these books like I do, check out the links and join the fight to prevent the demise of this excellent series.
  2. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I haven't read any of the books meant for a younger audience. I was scarred from a craptatcular Galaxy of Fear one and haven't followed that path since. However, since you're a pretty special person and I want you to still enjoy your SW universe, I will send a note begging to keep the series.

:)
  3. jedigal Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a bump. ;)

p.s. Thanks for your indulgence, Femme.
  4. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all 16 (so far) and I have the first JediQuest. There is also the JediApprentice Special Edition book, only one so far.

We all like then a lot.

5. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey I am 30 and I read them. Well they are there for my kids too. My oldest son reads them too but not as fast as I do.

I am actually looking forward to them moving on to the Jedi Quest series. If they just continued with a never ending Jedi Apprentice Series then there wouldn't be any Obiwan and QuiGon stories left to tell in full adult level novels. There is only so much room for stories and you don't want to fill all those up in the first few years. However stories of other Jedi Apprentice's than Obiwan would be cool, but I do think it is a good idea to move on.
  6. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    Although I like the series, I wish someone else would write them. Jude Watson never gives enough credit to Obi-Wan :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.