main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help starting a Fan Force chapter.

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by EmilieDarklighter, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    The fans in Dalton, GA are just starting off and we don't know what exactly to start with. Any tips?

-Emmi

2. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    Well said cuz. We are thinking of ideas to bring up in our first meeting and so far we haven't come up with anything worth bringing up therefore, we humbly ask a larger FF chapter if you all have any advice to help a newbie chapter.

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    The first meeting should just be about getting to know each other and deciding when to hold your next meeting.

The second meeting is when you can begin discussing things like who will be your Chapter Rep when you become official. You can also begin coming up with names for your chapter that you can vote upon at your third meeting.

But, the main thing to remember is to have fun. That's what this is all about, after all. :)

If you have any specific questions, you can send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net and I'll help you out in any way that I can. :)

4. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    oh, okeydokey. thanks again Minacia!

5. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Some of the "getting to know you" activities we did early on was to have everyone bring their favorite collectible on a certain topic.

For example, we asked everyone to pick out their favorite Han Solo collectible the month a new Harrison Ford film came out.

When Pirates of the Caribbean came out, we had a "bring your favorite rogue collectible" theme.

We've also had members give presentations on their particular area of expertise.

We often have group movie outings and mini-golf has become quite the group passion.

The best way to come up with ideas is to cruise other groups' websites and message boards to see what their topics are and swipe them! 8-}

After a while, you'll figure out where the group's interests lie and develop your own thing. Chicago, for example, has a very active book club and an active gaming club. Neither of those have gotten going here. One group even has a magic club. (They do magic dressed in SW costumes at events.)

Hope this gives you guys some inspiration. Best of luck to you! We'll have to have a Georgia get-together again, I see.

6. Myrrh4BabyJesus

Myrrh4BabyJesus Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Cool Emmi! :D Good luck with your group! :)

Over "yonder" :p in Augusta we go to movies, bookstores, restaurants, conventions, and other stuff :D

God bless!

-Malz

7. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    <<We often have group movie outings and mini-golf has become quite the group passion.>>

I would love to have another movie outing for the Hothlanta Rebels! We haven't done one since 'Daredevil' came out last February. We should try to go and do a LotR viewing as a group. I place this in the hands of our mighty leadership to take this forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.