main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

help there's a mouse in my kitchen

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by nemco1, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nemco1

nemco1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    so I should put poisen in the mouse trap?

2. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Leave the poor buggers alone.

Leave a small litter tray out and treat them with the respect they deserve.

3. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Respect? They're vermin that carry disease. And started the plague that wipped out a third of Europe! But ok, sure. We'll just leave them alone and show them a little respect.

4. nemco1

Apr 19, 2001
    I wouldn't mind if they didn't just dribble their droppings all over the place

5. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    For the love of god, do not kill the mouse - I saved a mouse the other night via the gift of gardening gloves, cos the cat had it cornered on the patio. If you kill the mouse you will have exactly counteracted the amount of Good my selfless act put into the world.

Get a non-lethal trap so when you catch it you can take it down the park or something.

Interesting Mouse Rescue Fact: a deranged mouse will dangle from the finger of your gardening glove by its teeth when you try to release it.

6. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001
    Mice are great aren't they? Apart from when someone tries to buy your affection by giving you dead ones.

You have to hope this someone is your cat or you need to re-assess where your relationship is going.

Nemco, have you thought about charging it rent? Or asking it help out with household chores?

7. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Wormie,

Let me educate you:

Mouse does not equal Rat.

8. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    Andf here I was thinking you were about to show her your kn0b, TC. LOL. I must be in a pervy mood today.

9. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Have any of you seen Three Colours: Blue?

Juliette Binnoche goes into her spare room to find a mouse - but it has all these tiny wee babies, so she shuts the door. And then she runs upstairs and borrows the neighbours cat and then sets it in the room and then shuts the door on the poor things. Then she goes and sees her friend and starts crying because she did such an evil thing.

Remember, poor mousy is only trying to live just like you are. Don't kill it

10. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Put it in a box and send it to me. I;m sure my bird would like it. [face_devil]

11. nemco1

Apr 19, 2001
    I don't want to kill it But if the little mousy thinks that its ok to give me salmonella what else can I do.

OK!!!I'll try and buy one of those none killing mouse things and then release it into a park, so that it can get into someone elses house and wee and poo all over there house, that is so nice of me, me thinks!!!

although if I use the glue board I can send the mouse to you CA for your bird to eat.

12. garrettendi

garrettendi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    A small lesson:

Mice are just doing what they were made to do.

Survive

We survive, they surviive, every creature is built by God to survive.

Therefore by killing it. You kind of forfeit your own right to survive.

Sorry for being blunt.

P.S. It was the fleas that carried the plague actually. And they were carried by almost anything, just mainly rats. So the plague was technically also carried by:

Cats
    Dogs
    Birds
    Mice
    and humans

And no, I'm not joking. It was possible for fleas to live on humans at the time. So it was partly our own fault for living in such squalor.

13. AFIdude666

AFIdude666 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2001
    Except I wasn't made by god. I was made by my parents. So I have the right to kill anything I want.

14. nemco1

Apr 19, 2001
    I said I will try not to kill it! cause if I kill it I may end up with a mouse ghost and thats never fun.

also if you could recommend and alternative way of getting rid of it without murder taking place, please let me know, I like the idea of keeping it away by smell.

It's staying at my place without paying rent which is really unfair and it's eating my food without asking me first. its like being at university all over again!!!

15. garrettendi

garrettendi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Try asking a pet store if they have "humane" mouse traps.

16. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    Or "mousee" human traps.

17. Dark_Queen

Dark_Queen Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 23, 2002
    Get a clean milk bottle or wide mouthed bottle... put a little bit of chocolate biscuit or chocolate in the bottle and rest the neck on a matchbox... mice can't resist chocolate and will climb in the bottle to get it but then cos of the slope can't get back out again... then just pick up the bottle and release in your garden :D DON'T kill them that's just cruel :mad:

EDIT: don't put it out in the middle of the floor, put it up by the skirting board cos mice MAINLY run close to the sides of rooms and won't venture out into the middle of a room unless they REALLY have to.... :)

18. nemco1

Apr 19, 2001
    thank you dark queen. I shall try that one.

19. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    I just saw your mouse ghost comment and have been laughing ever since. And no - I don't have wind.

20. nemco1

Apr 19, 2001
    so are you saying that if you had wind it would be smelly enough to keep mice away??

21. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    LOL

No, it would resemble pink fluffy clouds.

What I was saying, however, was that people who laugh for long periods of time, often have wind.

It's a medical fact.

22. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    Well, they gotta get rid of the extra air some how I guess.

23. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    What if the mouse laughs for a long period of time?

24. AFIdude666

AFIdude666 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2001
    ARSE.

Can I post that?

25. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't think we need to see your arse, especially at lunchtime.

// spits out sandwich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.