main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Help us with a DSG Tucson Outpost name!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Feb 5, 2007.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Im asking everyone help with this, throw out some ideas! So far we've had
    Two Suns Outpost
    Jundland Wastes Outpost
    A Mountain Outpost
    Etc. thanks for your ideas!

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I already sort of discussed this with Lance, he seemed to think it was important that we have an outpost here in Tucson. He requested/asked if I would be the head (he was under the impression nobody else of the 4 501st members in Tucson has any intrest). I really don't care who does it. After he explained why he (or they want a detachment in Tucson) I'm all for it.

Jundland Wastes Outpost is my input. Remeber it's "Beyond the Dune Sea." Get it?

It's practical and Punny! :rolleyes:

3. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    If you dont want it Damian Ill do it, Michele and I already liason for the hopital visits

I like Jundland Wastes to, but it does say anything specific to Tucson

4. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Whatever happened with the "Mos Eisly Outpost" ?

"You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany..." Sounds a lot like Tucson to me.:p

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    What does say something about Tucson?

I'll do it, U do it whatever. U and Michele already have responsibilities associated and should not get sidetracked from them. I'll do it. We can always change it later

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Werks for me!

How about Toschee Tucson Outpost?

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    We'll Pow-Wow on it next meeting (note 2 Kat: Please add).

Lance said we can (and will) have graphics (patches, stickers, etc.) made up so I think names should be discussed.

Don't want to have a dorkey name/graphic patch on our armor now do we? :cool:

8. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I like two suns (even though nevada is twin suns)
    or mos eisley

9. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Junland Wastes has always sounded cool to me.

I wonder why Lancer thinks the other 3 members of the 501st arent interrested...we have just been buisy... :(

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

Ya know how it is, like playing telephone. It just gets confused. Too many cooks in the kitchen at once. IMHO.
    No harm done.
    I THINK that?s one reason why they want a dedicated outpost. It's just easier in information exchange and communication.

PS.. Speaking of communication, I got my new cell phone. Calls should not just stop now 'cause the phone shuts off.

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/q/q-experience/q-Nonflash/index.html

How I just have to learn how to use this thing. I had a Smart phone years ago (palm 3). An old black text brick, then got a PPC 2002, too much to carry around at once. This thing is totally different in every way. Microsoft and Motorola's version of a Blackberry (which I'm not too fond of).

Also, I didn't buy any extra data service with it; internet or text messaging, which costs 15¢ per incoming text.

Edited: 4 spelling

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

or maybe "Tucson Toschee Station Outpost"?

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Well prove Lance wrong! Get yourselves on the MS team walk roster! Im the only one so far!

I like the Jundland Wastes Outpost so far for the reason Damian said, being byond the dune sea
    As far as meembership inthe houtpost, we arent doing so bad,
    Me
    Frank
    Damian
    Chris
    Beth
    and Glenn (PikeKrzoick) if he wants since hes closer to us than phoenix,
    and Tina if shed ever get to applying for her SL Number!

Should I start working on a logo again?

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I don't know if it is still the case but the Rebel Legion used to have in Arizona the Jundland Wastes Outpost . . . IIRC. Gabrielle [the other Mara Jade in the DSG] was the head of it.

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I and jack were told they have a professional graphic designer making logos for them and we're part of them so they will take care of that for us. I'm sure we have say but why do the work if someone else is willing?

15. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Hey, I did apply. Now there's all these hoops I have to jump through first. :(

16. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Welcome to the five oh one LOL

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It might take a bit but when U get the "U R in" e-mail it's quite worth it.

U'll get in with Revan, it's jut a matter of time.

PS.. anyone talk 2 Beth about this? Is she going into the DSG and bypassing Tucson?

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Beth? I take it she doesn't attend TFF meetings, or am I not paying attention?

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Beth is the UA officer and scout trooper who I think was at the last Con, or maybe the one before? Shes the blonde that helped everyone into their armor at te ITT tech battlefront tourney

She seems more interested in DSG events, which is fine, to each their own

20. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    A long O time ago we had the "you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" as our banner. I remember a thing with an AT-AT appoaching the downtown skyscrapper.

I don't know about you but as a kid I always related to Tatooine cuz Tucson was so friggin' hot and Mos Eisley until Mos Espa came along was a city/spaceport and what is Tucson. Phoenix is too big for a Mos Eisley. And yes we're a fast growing city but it's really just a bunch of crap everywhere.

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    [image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/untitled.jpg]

That's when I joined on the boards, I had no clue anyone else in Tucson liked Star Wars still. I had a different user name back then (I forgot the login many years ago). I was going to ask to re-use tne banner on the website (and the one with santa hats on the AT_ATs) but I didn't know who to ask if it's OK to reprint the images.

As far as crap everywhere, it's just housing being built in the county, not much being built within the city limits.

I still find "Jundland Wastes" outpost quite amusing and lyrical.

22. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    We need to find a way to use this image, or a variation of it.

I've always had a soft spot for AT-ATs.

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Someone brought up the rebel legion name possible conflict. "local" rebel legion outpost name is NOT Jundland Wastes but "Mountain Base" and covers Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico with 68 members in it total.

24. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    How's about "FORT TUSCAN". Its simple, not too many letters, is similar to Tucson and has a rustic rough history associated with it. This due to the story of that fort on Tattoine that was raided by the Sand People. Plus its different from what's been suggested until now. Just an idea. You can no now. [face_whistling]

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    kinda like it