main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

help with adding sound

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth_Xain, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Xain

Darth_Xain Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    hey im finally unbanned. im sorry to everybody that i was mean to. everyone makes mistakes. well, im gonna need your help...

ok, i am gonna buy AlamDV2. but i wanna make sure that i can add sound to my movie. i mean, not where to find sound files, i have a buncha those. how to actually add it. thanx for your time.

p.s. Homer, im sure you put lots of time and effort into your film, the Unseen Threat. not only does it crack me up, it scares me :D

2. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
    awww man :(

3. Admiral_Ant

Admiral_Ant Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    ok, to start off, not many people are going to reply at 5:30 in the moring, from where I am, thats 2:30 in the morning! And there is really no need to start a whole NEW thread just to divert attention here..now that thats done
    well, I can't say that I have used alamDV2 but I would have to think that with any recent video editor that it's pretty easy. Maybe you can check out thier site or something, but I wouldn't worry about being able to add a sound, it's a pretty basic thing these day

4. Mushiman

Mushiman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    Try learning the basics of video editing before trying to make a Starwars fanfilm.

Why not look on the AlamDV website?

5. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    As Adam said, wait a few hours, at least until morning in the US before spamming the forum.

If you want to add sound, I think you need to be looking at a different programme as well as ALAM DV2. ALAM is an effects package, for rotoscoping sabres, adding muzzle flashes, lasers and the like, it is not meant to be an out and out video editor.

I don't use a PC so can't really help on what video editor to get, assuming something like Adobe Premiere is out of your price range.

6. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
    i know mor than it seems. i just dont know how to add sound. its a simple question really.

7. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
    thanx daft

8. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    p.s. Homer, im sure you put lots of time and effort into your film, the Unseen Threat. not only does it crack me up, it scares me

That only took 2 days to make........and I didn't use ALAMDV or AE or any compositing program of any kind to make the sabers if that's what you were getting at and Neszis helped out with my film by editing it and adding sounds, so I wasn't the only one working on it.

Anyway, I really don't thnk you can add sounds with ALAMDV2. You'll need an editing program for that. If you cant afford one, use Windows Movie Maker if that's all you have. It's free and comes with Windows XP. Also, the Premiere demo is fully functional and works for 30 days, so I'm sure you could use that.

9. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    Ok... To repeat what everyone else has said as your still looking for help.

-AlamDV2 cannot add sound as far as I know. I played with the first one and it is not a video editor, it is an effects package.

-To add sound to the video after you add the effects you must go into a video editor. Windows ME, and XP have Windows Movie maker... And I am not positive but I think newer macs have something similar. These will add sound at the most basic level...

-If you wanna get more complicated you would have to get into some real hardcore sound suites that will allow you to do almost anything to the sound before you add it to your footage...

I hope this has solved your problem... And Please Xain.... Don't spam the forums. This is not a chat room, so don't expect an instant reply either. Also some threads never get answered.

Edit: Crap homer, you took the only unique things that I said and got there a minute before me... :(

10. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
    i get it spot. thanx homer for HELPING. lol spot! :D

they alwayz pick on newbies

11. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
    Homer if your still there, how did you add sound to your movie? THIS IS NOT A SPAM! lol. its adding to my question. im still confuzzled. and this time dont be mean to the newbie SPOT.

EDIT: seeing that you were registered in the same month as me, id say ppl in glass houses shouldnt through stones.

12. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

Xain -

Are you talking about sound effects like lightsaber and blaster noise? Then your question was already answered by Homer and Spottcat: You need to have a video editing program. You can import sound effects into the program and place them over any part of the video you want.

The very first page of This Thread offers advice on both sound effects and inexpensive video editing software.

And Spottcat wasn't being mean to you because you are a newbie, in fact he wasn't being very mean at all. You're lucky that the mean people aren't awake yet. :p

13. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
  14. Admiral_Ant

May 6, 2002
    you can't add sound in AlamDV? hmm, I never knew.... ?[face_plain]

o and Daft, when you said Adam, where you refering to me? If you were where did "Adem come from? its Ant... :p hehe

15. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Xain, Homer said that I helped him on his film. I used an editing suite form SOnic Foundry called Video Factory to do it. ALAMDV 2 was not used. You cannot add sounds or edit movies in ALAMDV 2. It is only for simple special effects.

And also, their programming sucks :) and is a bit glitchy, but it will suffice for what you may need.

~Neszis~

16. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
    thanx neszis. i will try to find this program. well, i just watched A Question of Faith, and i think it is great. im going to start a new thread to hear opnions on your favorite FanFilm, QOF, or Duality! :)

17. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    when will people realize that AQOF and Duality aren't the best fan films in everyone's mind? It's a matter of opinion

18. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
    hmmmm, Homer would you like me to add one :p ?

-XAIN

19. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    yea, how about you add every single fan film out there, that would make my day

20. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
    uh....what else would make your day :D

21. Darth_Xain

Jul 20, 2002
    my other thread has been locked!!!! NOOOO!!!

22. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    o and Daft, when you said Adam, where you refering to me?

Adam is short for Admiral right? [face_blush]
    My bad (typo)

23. Admiral_Ant

May 6, 2002
    hehe, just messing with ya Daft, well, I'm done in this thread, Homer posted too many times and that yoda icon he has creeps me out too much to come back here ;)

24. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    For just the briefest second I thought "Adam" was referring to me. :eek:

Rick McCallum loves you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.