main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Help with finding a book series title.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by johnthejedi24, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    I saw recently on the stardestroyer.net forums a series of books set in an alternative history United States where Nuclear weapons play a MUCH bigger role than in the real era; stuff like nuclear mortars, B-70 bombers:cool: , atmosphere skipping sub-orbital nuclear armed planes, space based nukes, nuclear mortars...etc. Does anybody know the title and author of the series? Thank you for any help you can provide.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Is it one of Harry Turtledove's series? His name comes to mind when I think of alternative histories. I haven't read any of his books though so I can't say what series it might be.

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Thats exactly what I was thinking.

4. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    No, it is not one of his series; I know at least that much. You might be thinking of his alternate world war 2 histories with one series dealing with space lizards and the other with the Japanese, but those are not what I am talking about.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm at a loss then as it isn't really an area that I read a lot. Check out this Wiki entry - maybe the author or series is listed.

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    http://www.lulu.com/content/548815
    http://p076.ezboard.com/fhistorypoliticsandcurrentaffairs68862frm25.showMessageRange?topicID=183.topic
    Perhaps?
    That seems to be the big AH story over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.