main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help with Hair Pieces Please

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Mokitty, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Hey everyone...
    I've been a backburner costumer for several years. I've had a break the last year or two and during last summer I chopped all my hair off... 3 feet gets to be a little high-maintenance!
    Now that I'm thinking of getting back into it, I'm presented with a problem-- I don't have the long locks needed to complete so many good costumes.
    I've never used extensions or wigs or other add-ons before because I never needed it with such long hair. So now I'm really clueless about it.

Does anyone have any advice, knowledge, how-tos or just small tips and pointers they would be willing to disseminate to a total newbie? Are there any good websites available with information on making/purchasing/choosing/using hair pieces that anyone can recommend?

I know NOTHING on this subject, so ANY help you folks can offer would be greatly and truly appreciated, thanks. :>

2. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Hi, Mokitty, and welcome!

It might be worth taking a look at the Female hairstyles thread. It's longish, but it does have some good info in it, on a wide range of hairstyles.

Also, I would recommend a meandering trip through your local Sally's or similar beauty supply store -- sometimes you find all kinds of new and interesting hair augmentation technology when you're just browsing.

3. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Yay!
    I am part-way through reading the female hairstyles thread and I will take a look in the yellow pages for stores like that... it's such a good and obvious idea I can't beleive I didn't think of that.

Thanks very much for the suggestions surlygirlie :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.