main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

help with lazer bolts(FAT BOLTS)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth_Genesis, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Genesis

Darth_Genesis Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    Hi all
    Im having trouble with my laser bolts. Using the beam effect,i keep on getting to thick a laser bolt as the end result.And also my bolt always looks a little jagged even though i select hi quality.I have been tinkering around for a while now so i thought its time to get some help.Blur effects and color are fine but my core always seems to thick.I have even selected 1 as my start and finish size but when i duplicate the layer it trebles in size.I duplicate 2 or 3 times then add glow,like swmasters saber tutorial.Any positive help/suggestions for a fan in need will be appreciated.

2. -Sithcloak-

-Sithcloak- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    What program are you using?

Sithcloak

3. Darth_Genesis

Feb 9, 2003
    im using AE 5.5 pro

4. AlanSmitheeIII

AlanSmitheeIII Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2001
    If you create a few more threads, you might get help... ;)

5. Darth_Redicolous

Darth_Redicolous Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    It's Laser, not Lazer.

Just so you know. :)

That's all the help I can give.

6. Krapitino

Krapitino Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    are you zooming in to a really low resolution file? Keep in mind that a still frame from 320x240 video looks really awful when blown up. Even DV looks less than perfect when scaled up to 1024x768 or above. Not to mention that DV has its own little problems with 4:1:1 color and fields and oy nice lady!

7. Darth_Genesis

Feb 9, 2003
    thanks,i think that maybe it is the fact that i have zoomed in a little to much.after i zoomed out and viewed the frames it looked a lot better. i will have to twaek them a bit and try to improve the end result.Thanks all for your replys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.