main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

help with missions

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Acen_the_Jester, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acen_the_Jester

Acen_the_Jester Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2003
    This may sound like a stupid question, but, when do mission cards have to be turned over/completed? For example, homing missile says that when the battle phase starts, choose an opponents unit in the any arena or build zone, yadda yadda yadda. In order for it to be activated this turn, do I have to flip over the card and "complete" it in the build phase? Or do I wait until the battle phase begins to turn it over and use it's effects?

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    First you have to satisfy the build cost. Once that is done, you can either leave it face down or choose to complete it. What you would do is turn it face up during your build step, then it would take effect when the build phase starts.

3. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I always thought you complete building the mission and turn it over - as to play it during your build step. Then if it is delayed to play you just wait until the time comes to play it. I never thought about leaving it unturned until then - I think you would almost have to turn it over because that is when you are building and move your cards around.

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    But you can keep a card unturned as long as you want. The only reason I could see doing it would be to psych out your opponent (keep adding build points to make them think it's a massive card) or just to have a card built so you can use it when needed. You don't have to deploy something just because the build has been met.

5. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    But I think what he is saying is that you keep it unturned with the right amount of build counters then when you are about to start the space battle you unturn your Concentrated Fire. I don't think you can do that right? If you intend to play it you must unturn it during your build?

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, you can't play it like an 'interrupt'. You have to show it during your build if you plan to use it during that turn of the game.

7. Acen_the_Jester

Acen_the_Jester Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2003
    Yeah, the main point I was making is in terms of strategy. holding off on revealing a card until you intend to make use of it's effects. Thanks for the discussion folks, that'll be one rule we start to follow correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.