main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV HELP!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jankarakk, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Ok. So I have DSL and everything is great. Only not....

Here's the problem. When I have my computer connected to the DSL modem with the Red ethernet cable that came with the modem i get connection just fine. But when we put MD's router into the mix and connect my PC to the router I get no connection and he can connect just fine. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be other than user error and the fact that I'm still runnin ME?

Also Gersonsith. if you read this.....If you're not busy tomorrow I work from noon to 7:15 if you wanna swing by Bestbuy and drop that off for me por favor.

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Is that red cable a crossover cable? If so, replace it with a standard cable when connecting through the router.

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    And also make sure to reboot your PC after plugging into the router. Likely the router uses DHCP and you gotta get a new IP address assigned by the router. Or you can always use the command window and release and renew your ip address...

4. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    The red cable is the cable that came with the dsl modem....crossover cables are always orange. I've rebooted at least a dozen times and to no avail.

No clue what's going on. I'm on MD's computer right now.

Also Gerson nevermind on the coming to my work as I am not there I had a really bad sore throat this morning and talking all day would have made it worse.

5. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    turn everything off including the modem and router. Start the modem and wait for it to connect....start the router and wait for it to connect....start your computer and see if that works.

if not

get a new cable.

dkt

6. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i've used three different cables. with that exact setup 5 different times.

7. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm starting to think it might be because my computer is running windows ME...stupid frickin OS if you ask me. I hate that thing....but I can't get my hands on anything else.

8. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well I do have that CD in my car still. I can't believe I haven't gotten it to you. I will stop by Best Buy for sure tomorrow if you go, even if I get fired!

9. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I am working from 10 to 3 tomorrow.

10. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i'm a flippin genius....not sure how i did it but i got it to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.