main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by JediBagel, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBagel

JediBagel Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2006
    Alright, I was just in Lowes, and I picked out a 1-1/4 diameter chrome pipe, 12" long, and I got some o-rings, and...

My brain popped.

I can't think of a single extra thing besides knobs to put on this saber!

I kinda want a simple look, but it's going to be a display saber only, so I want it to have some detail too... I don't know what to do. Are there any parts that are recommended for that type of pipe? The piping is threaded on both ends. Any suggestions? Please? :_| This is the first time in a while my creative processes just stopped dead in their tracks, and it sucks! [face_beatup]

2. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    If its threaded on both ends you can attach a Pommel and an emitter.

Maybe make the pomel from some kind of textured locknut similar to the electrical locknuts. The emitter could start with some kind of flared nut or accessory, then add some smaller pipe or washer inside it with epoxy.

You could also use some electronic parts from RadioShack on the sides for blade controlls. Maybe a resonance chamber made from washers and glued in a cutout on the side of the pipe.

Just off the top of my head.

3. JediBagel

JediBagel Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2006
    Thanks! For the emitter, I was actually planning on cutting the end of the pipe at an angle, so the emitter would be a part of the saber itself. I think I saw one that did that in the 'your lightsabre' thread, and I liked how it looked. But I didn't even think about going to Radio Shack to find parts, thanks. I'll go look around there, and see if I get any inspiration. Until then, I'd like to hear a few more suggestions, please. Thanks!

4. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    This thread is probably gonna get locked, so you might as well start posting in another thread, like the "Your Lightsaber" thread, which you already know about. I'm sure there are lots of suggestions there, or in the "How can I build my own lightsaber?" thread. If you haven't already seen it in action, the Moderators here don't like superfluous (though the people posting don't think they are) and redudant threads cluttering up the Forum here.

Also, you should use more descriptive titles when you start a new thread, in the future, so that people know at a glance, what help you are asking for.

5. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Hi JediBagel, there are lots of lightsabre threads listed in the Welcome and thread index that are chock-full of information to help you out with your first sabre. Jedi-Loreen already mentioned two that might be the most useful. Please feel free to read those threads and repost your question there. Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.