main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Help!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mandalore69, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Mandalore69

Mandalore69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    At the last meeting I met Brian Petty the sculptor and he gave me his email and I have lost it. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of him?

Brian

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    PMing it to you

We also pulled the first Vader helmet! The humidity left it kind of tacky well beyond the normal dry time, but otherwise we think we made an awesome new mold!

3. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Sorry for being a pain, but I thought this might as well be the time that we bring up some board etiquette. I got banned from TF.N boards a while ago for starting up too many threads. I know, Mandalore69, that you don't know much about this stuff, cuz I didn't when I did the same kind of stuff, but It really messes things up by having a lot of little threads that are repeats of other conversations or threads. If you want to bring up a new topic, dig through the other pages of threads and make sure that there are no other similar threads that are ou there.

Just wanted to bring that up. No offense, just wanted to make it known to the newer posters.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I just looked through the first three pages of threads and he has made a total of 5 threads. That isn't a whole lot.

I think you might have been posting in other forums like the ROTS forum, the Prequel Trilogy forum and the YJCC. They all have very strict rules about starting threads. In the ROTS forum it got to the point where only moderators could start threads because so many newbies were coming in with threads like "ROTS liek OMG!!!!11!!!1!!!". In the YJCC you have a limit of making 3 threads per day.

You also might want to contact cathiecat about board issues. Some really good guidelines are to check through the threads to see if there is an existing thread and to make sure you are using proper grammar and punctuation.

Never forget the power of PMs too ;)

~Jada :)

5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Thank you Dustin for getting him the info he needed. :)

I will say that while we don't want a lot of redundant threads and certainly I don't mind PM's in the least.. send as many as you want to me.. but in the case of the tucson boards we are probably a bit more lenient than the other boards Jada mentioned. That being said, I personally do prefer that we try to use the threads we already have when possible, rather than making new ones, as it just keeps the clutter down on the board. Pretty much normally if someone has said it is okay to give our their number, email or whatever if you ask me for it and I have their permission then I can give it to you, otherwise I can take your info and pass it on to the individual you are trying to contact.

6. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I think this was posted as a new thread so it would be seen by someone. Not intended to be an issue, but he didn't know who to PM etc.

7. Mandalore69

Mandalore69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    First and for most, thank you Jada and jedirevan1 for understanding. Much love.

Second, I thought the point of the forum was to stay in touch with each other. I live way down here in Sierra Vista. I have no one's phone numbers, no one's email addresses ... nothing. If I had had another way of contacting someone I would have. But,I tought the forum was here so we can help each other and stay in touch. I don't post alot, I don't make a habit of starting new thread after new thread for no good reason. I needed help and I reached out ... sorry (MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT TO DUSTIN THANKS FOR THE PM).

And, like jedirevan1 said, I start a new thread because I wanted to make sure someone saw and that it didn't get lost in another thread. And, it worked, Dustin respond super quick. Thanks to him I have the info I need so if this thread is taking up too much space delete it.

Humbly and with Honor,

Brian (Mandalore the Reborn)