main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

help!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by skywalker287, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker287

skywalker287 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I have a chance to purchase alot of star wars games pretty cheap, and i was wondering if someone could help me out and let me know the good ones from the bad. I pretty much have a chance to buy all of them that have come out, but i don't particularlarily want to waste my money. Any help would be appreaciated. Thank you

2. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Any of the X-Wing simulator series. Seriously, best SW games ever made. May take you a little bit to learn the controls, but with any detailed game, its worth it once you do.

Games in this genre include:
    X-Wing
    TIE Fighter
    X-Wing: Alliance
    X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (and it's "Balance of Power" expansion pack)

XvT is the only one on that list I wouldn't worry about as much unless you A: Have friends that would play with you or B: Need to hone your piloting skills for some clan/guild. It's a multiplayer game more than a single player game. The other ones are all single player story driven (XWA being the best of them, plot-wise, TIE Fighter being a close second).

Other great Star Wars games include:

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (more recent, therefore more expensive)
    Galactic Battlegrounds
    Rogue Squadron
    Rogue Leader (Gamecube only)
    Star Wars Starfighter
    Rebellion (also known as Supremecy overseas. I liked this game a lot, but many did not)

Still, your money would be best spent on the X-Wing simulator series in my personal opinion. Get a good joystick (much better than a gamepad for this type of game... more immersive) and plan to actually fly those ships you saw in the movies in simulated space. So if I had to recommend just one game out of all those, it'd be X-Wing Alliance (which you can get for like 15 bucks from lucasarts.com).

-Jomero

3. skywalker287

skywalker287 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Thanks for the advice.

4. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    If you have the money go for Jedi knight 2: Jedi Outcast! If not go for the first Jedi knight! If you are talking PC anyway and The Phantom Menace game is good too!

So do you have a Pc?, Ps2?, PS?, N64?, DC?, X-box?,CC?

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Still, your money would be best spent on the X-Wing simulator series in my personal opinion."

You see, that's where we run into problems. I totally disagree and I think the X-Wing simulators are a complete bore.

Tell us what TYPES/GENRES of games you like, then we can give you some ideas. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.