main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Henderson Fan Force Ultimate Trivia of DOOM!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Legolas means Pretty Man I think....

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Pretty Man? You can't be serious!

Well, you didn't post a question Gerson, so I will (this is my revenge Alias question, DarthRaith, although I don't think it is as hard as yours was):

MILD, VAGUE ALIAS SPOILER BELOW (for those that missed it Sunday night):

I attempted to make the text difficult to read, so highlight below to read it...

Begin Highlighting here:
    [color=D6DFD7]

In the episode, The Abduction, (the last one that just aired), a man appears at the end. Who, more than likely, was essentially responsible for him being in a wheelchair, and why?

[/color]
    End Highlighting here.

Note: I am being vague, so as to not spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

Note: The above trivia is not based on confirmed fact, but is 99.5 percent probable.

3. DarthSadis

DarthSadis Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    Legolas means "Green Leaf"...but I will bow to the Alias question and await something I can answer.

4. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    The same person that cuased Syndey's mom to shoot her in the shoulder.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Ahh... my belief is that it was

(highlight)
    [color=D6DFD7]
    Will Tippen. Remember the truth serum shot that will stuck in him? "ONE IN FIVE! ONE IN FIVE!!"
    [/color]

Of course, we will see if I'm right. Darth Wraith didn't post a question, so I will do another:

One of the cast of Alias used to be a pool shark prior to being on the show, and was known by the name "Poodle". Who was it?

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Ok, the answer is: Vartan (the guy who plays Vaughn)

Next Question (I asked this last night at the theater to give away action figures): In the Star Wars films, who refers to a blaster as a 'gun'?

Last night I gave away a Yoda and a Count Dooku w/2 sabers and hologram of Sidious.

7. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    HEY!!!! what Gives?

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    what do you mean, what gives? In regards to the action figures, I thought it would be cool to do a couple of giveaways at the theater for the person who answered trivia questions right, one on SW and the other on LOTR.

9. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    it was Han Solo

Of the 3 elves that sauron gave rings of power to. Which elf has the most powerful ring?

10. DarthSadis

Dec 12, 2002
    Vilya, the Ring of of Air, was the mightiest of the three Rings of Power.

In Fellowship of the Ring, Peter Jackson has a cameo...where is it?

11. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    hmmm, i think he is one of the dwarves at the council of elrond

also DarthSadis could you answer the question you gave a while back:
    To keep him safe from the spies of Sauron, by what name did Aragorn's mother call him, and what does it mean?
    I think it was Strider but i dont know what it means

next question:
    describe the flag of Gondor

12. DarthSadis

Dec 12, 2002
    First...the name Aragorn's mother used to keep him safe from the spies of Mordor was: Estel, which in Elven meant Hope.

Second...Peter Jackson was a very short cameo in Fellowship of the Ring as the "burping" man the Hobbits pass on their way to the Prancing Pony.
    Third...the King of Gondor's Standard is a black field with a tree, seven stars and a crown in white.

Lastly...Peter Jackson's young daughter has a cameo in Fellowship...where is she?

13. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    man your good at these lotr questions!

14. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    she is listening to Bilbo tell his troll story at Bilbo's party.

Now to totally throw you off, a starcraft question!

who created the zerg and the protoss?

15. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Umm... Blizzard?

Just kidding, actually the Zerg were a failed experement of the Xel'Naga, who went on to create the Protoss.

Okay HHGTTG question:

How old was Marvin The Paranoid Android when he died and what were his last words?

16. DarthSadis

Dec 12, 2002
    "I think," he murmured at last, from deep within his corroding rattling thorax, "I feel good about it."

At that moment, Marvin was 37 times older than the universe.

And now, for something completely different...

What is the name of the original Pern story by Anne McCaffery, and what award did it win?

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Dragon Riders of Pern, won the Hugo?

If I am correct, who wrote A Wrinkle In Time, and what was the analogy used to explain time travel? (it involved thread)

18. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Madaline L'Angle (is it spelled right)? And it used dimentional time travel.

Why do the Yuuzhan Vong become so angrey when they are referred to as "Vong"?

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Because it denies their God, Yun Yuzzhan, and is a disrespectful term. Right?

Your author answer is correct, and the analogy used is one of a thread stretched between your hands. An ant can get across it by traveling the distance of the thread, UNLESS you bring your hands togethers, and then the ant can simply go from one point to another.

Next Question: In the bonus materials to the Episode II DVD, Lucas and several others refer/liken Yoda to something (an earth creature). This came up especially when they were talking about him fighting Dooku and trying to not make it look funny.

what creature did they liken him to?

20. DarthSadis

Dec 12, 2002
    :::bows::: I simply come to correct the Anne McCaffery answer...

Weyr Search was the novella that Anne wrote which is the first chapters of Dragonflight, which won a Nebula.

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I stand corrected! :)

22. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    I believe I can post a question since it has been well over an hour and I cant remember the answer to yours Wolfy.

George Lucas originally intended for the final battle in Jedi to be with Wookies, not Ewoks. Why did he change his mind?

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't recall the answer to Raith's but here's the answer to mine:

Lucas and several of his crew kept referring to Yoda as a... FROG.

In fact, at one point, he says that Yoda is the love child of Kermit and Miss Piggy, and to 'keep it under wraps', so there is not an outrage in the SW community. He was laughing when he said all that.

24. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Dang and I knew the answer to your question Talon.. that was a funny part about Yoda..

Did you see the credits at the end of the documentary talking about the animation? When they showed Yoda appearing over a hill and using force lightening to blow up those cow things... that was FREAKING HILLARIOUS!

25. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    No! I gotta watch it again to see that!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.