main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Henry Ford IMAX, who's going to be there...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Midnightguard, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I know someone recorded it! And I was already in my car on my way to work when it happened I'm sure!

Mirax...we need details! Details woman! :D

2. jediteddy

jediteddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    All I got to see before I left for work was Bob doing a "we'll be right back" promo...at least I'm pretty sure it was him!! They did at quick pan by everyone in costume. Kat looked great and Chris looked very meancing. I taped it so I'll get to watch it all later.

3. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    First thing they did was have a spot to take them to a commercial break. Our group was lined up in two rows in kind of an upside down V shape. On the right was Kat, Kate and Chris and on the left were are armored boys, Rob, Jason, Bob and Tom. The reporter stood between the two rows and gave a little "Coming Up" blurb. Then he put his mic up to Jason's helmet and J. said something about "We'll be right back on Fox 2 News." (I was too excited to get the exact words.)

Then, when they came back, they were all standing in agroup behind Kate and the reporter. He asked a few questions about the fan group, nothing major. He did almost slip up and say "Star Trek", though!! He also spoke to the theater manager for a moment and the camera panned over all the group so you got a good look at everyone's costumes. It was AWESOME! Kate was very articulate and everyone else just looked meanacing!

They said they were going to show the IMAX screen later on in the show, but I couldn't leave it on any longer to see that part. :(

I am seriously SO excited that my hands are shaking and my stomach is in knots!!! I have NO CLUE how I'm going to get through the rest of the workday like this! I can't even THINK about work. 1:301:301:301:301:30

Regards,
    M.

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I have what they filmed after 8:45 a.m. Man that was good.

Me and R2 are on our way as soon as my wife gets back from the bank.

I got out of work at 2:30 and I went to bed at 3:45 an I keep waking up bucause Im so excited. Wanted to sleep till 10 but I got up at 8:20.

5. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Not much time to post.... we had 2 quick blurb parts and 2 parts which lasted about a minute or two....

It was sooooo cool.... Kate, Kat and I just stopped by our place to grab a bite to eat and watch the tape....

We are so happy with the coverage and fortunately they didn't make us out to be complete "weirdos" for being in costume.... very good times.... hehe

Gotta go, cya all at the theater later... those of us there this morning will be back there around 1:30.

6. JayceCavalier

JayceCavalier Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    There was one more part on the news where we went into the theater and we all got a chance to say our names and tell what our costume was!

I'm getting ready to to back to the theater here in a few!

Can't wait to see you all there tonight!!!!!! :) :)

-Jason

7. UndeadPhelps

UndeadPhelps Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2002
    I can't get Detroit's Fox affiliate from the cable company where I live, so I couldn't ask my wife to tape these things at all. :(

There must be some way I can get a copy of this footage from one of you guys! Let me know. I could make a rondezvous meeting with one of the northerners on some day that I'm not riding with my carpool.

8. Jedi_Leopold

Jedi_Leopold Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    I taped all 4 parts this morning. It was cool that everyone got to say who they were. You all looked great, and now I know stormtroopers can't dance. :D

I'm going to tape channel 7 tonight from 5-7 while I'm at work. I'm can't wait until tomorrow!!!

9. Jimmy_James

Jimmy_James Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Anyone have any video capture equipment? It would be cool to put the coverage on the website (not sure of legalities and such).

10. JDROP

JDROP Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Well, since I was first to post about Henry Ford confirming they'd have the Imax'd Clones, seems a bit fitting that I'm first to post after seeing it.

Just got back from Dearborn.
    Unreal.
    Wild.

Saw some 'Troopers, Aurra, a Padme and some folk weilding sabers.

But, this movie shines unbelievably in this big screen format.
    Wow.

11. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Those "troopers, Aurra and Padme" were US! Why didn't you stop over and say "hey", JD??

What a fantastic night! I'm too tired to give my full impressions right now, but I'd say we've got our names out there in a big and impressive way!

Cannot WAIT to see the pictures! Come on, Mr. Historian, get them up on the Yahoo site! What're you gonna do, sleep first? ;)

Regards,
    M.

12. JayceCavalier

May 13, 2002
    I'm downloading the pics from my camera right now...I won't have 'em up on the web tonight tho...hopefully tomorrow.

I've also got a copy of the channel 2 broadcast in case someone needs a copy.

Man, tonight was SO much fun! :) Hope we have an opportunity to do MORE stuff like this!

-Jason

13. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    The Theater staff Loved us!

Great Job everyone!

I hope everyone had as much fun as we provided for the visitors.

Rob and I are going back this afternoon and will get even more pictures. I am hoping more kids will be there. I will continue to take more pictures, I Love my new digital camara :D

I will pick up extra Bantha Tracks for those who did not get a copy or who want to work it into a scrapbook.

14. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I had a great time yesterday! It was a lot of fun. It put an even bigger bug in my ear to finish my costume! :D

BTW, My wife and son will be down to see the movie today, and I told her to say hi to you guys. She's gonna wanna get some pics.

15. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Had a great time last night! :D

I did notice that you don't have any "non-costumed" people helping out today...so I will probably change my mind and come on down to help out.

Besides, I forgot to give Jedi Leopold's T-shirt to someone for today. lol

BTW...I'll have the rest of the T-Shirts in my car...so if you're going to be down there today and you ordered a T-Shirt...see me (I'll be in my R2-Detroit shirt) and I'll make sure you get your shirt.

-THD

16. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Looks like my plans have changed for today,so I will be joining you guys after all.See you there! :)

17. JDROP

JDROP Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    ...unfortunately, I was a little under the weather (thank god the Aleve kicked in) and in a little bit of a rush, poor excuses I know.

I wish I had read through this thread a bit more before the show, but it tended to get quite lengthy quite quick.

18. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Wow, last night was very cool. If only I knew about this about half a year in advance! I could have done a mutch better costume. Perhaps a TIE fighter pilot or a Snowtrooper!

All for now,
    Capt_Piett

19. Power-of_the-Force

Power-of_the-Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    My cousins, brother and I had a great time last night. It was so much fun being there in costume with all of you and getting to see and eight story tall Yoda kick Dooku's butt! We can't wait to see all of you at today's event as well!

-Kris

20. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Man this is the first chance that I have gottin to sit down since yesterday. Went Christmas shopping for Haley and to find my silver R2. And I must say this I had great time. Man that was so much fun. It was so fun to see all the little kid's eyes light up when they saw all the costumes that everyone had. It reminded me of my self when I was there age.

One of the best moments for me was when a little kid came up to me and asked if he could have Darth Vaders autograph and he got one.

Man did we get our name out there big time. And the staff was great to us.

R2 also says thank you to everyone for being nice to him and protecting him.

It was so nice to see that Carrie got the Playscool Millenium Falcon. :) On a side note I have been looking for it for the last 5 months and I find 3 of them the next day. That is how it go's in the world of collecting when you want it you can't find it. But after you find it they are all over the place.

21. DarthParadox

DarthParadox Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Yeah. One of the kids thought I was Darth Sidious, when I had my hood over my face, and asked for my autograph too.

It was far easier to just sign "Darth Sidious" than to explain that I was just dressed as some random Sith who doesn't actually appear in the move blah blah blah and I think the kid enjoyed it more.

22. jaybone9

jaybone9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2002
    Well that was my first time wearing my boba fett and boy did i had a blast. The only two things that bothered me was that i was called JANGO all night! But then when Jango (MIKE) showed up it was cool! But me and mike were working the crowd and I hear HEY LOOK HERE COMES 2 TROOPERS? Man that was upsetting....But i had a great time. Too bad that i had to work today because i would of loved to do it again.....Hope to see you all soon.

23. darthmooseman

darthmooseman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Want to chime in too and say thanks for making me feel like part of the group. I did have alot of fun and enjoyed seeing everyone in costume. Made me feel jealous, but I will get to making my tie fighter pilot quite soon. Got some good pictures that I will be doctoring up tonight and tomorrow and post them online soon for everyone. Some of my favorite moments were seeing the kids' faces and seeing Yoda on the big screen. And Robert, you made me wanna get an R2. Thanks to all for such a great time.

24. JayceCavalier

May 13, 2002
    We had an extra great time working the IMAX today as well! I couldn't believe all the folks who showed up both to see the show, and in costume!

We've GOT to do this again sometime!

An EXTRA SPECIAL thanks to MidnightGuard and MorriganMcKnight for getting this event organized! You guys rock! I know that I'm going to be keeping my badge in my "collectibles" drawer right next to my CII badge!

-Jason

25. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time. :D be sure to post pics when you gt a chance.

~H~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.