main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Henry Ford IMAX, who's going to be there...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Midnightguard, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Just wanted to say that Im sorry I missd Friday but today was really great, eveybody was really cool to hang out with and see everyone there. There was some talk about going back at the end of the month? Is anyone going back then in costume? I' thank Rob and Kate for getting me a badge, didnt know if I was going to get one r not, THANKS you guys. Rob dont forget I'll bring you a blank disc for 1 with all the pics on it at the next meeting. See ya at the next meeting. Again this was a blast, so when are we doing this again? soon I hope.

2. Jedi_Leopold

Jedi_Leopold Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    Thank you Rob and Kate for setting everything up and the blasty cool badge! I really had a great time meeting everyone. All you costumed people rock! I am rather envious. Hopefully I can start one soon. (Might have to wait 11 months until wedding is out of the way first) I'll just have to use the advice from a few Jedi: "Patience" :D

3. JayceCavalier

JayceCavalier Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    It was great to see you both there Luke_C and Jedi_L!

Luke_C, I gotta say again, your costume ROCKS, man! First time I've ever seen anyone do that costume! Very very cool!

-Jason

4. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Yes,we definitely MUST do this again,and soon! :) Rob and Kate,you guys did a great job setting this up,and I could not believe how nice the museum and theater staff were to us. :)

For a first time costumer,this was a lot of fun and I totally understand the appeal of costuming now(even if I did get called 'Anakin' a few times)! lol :p

5. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    yes, Kudos to Rob and Kate for the job they did in arranging all of this! :D I would have liked to have made it today as well, but the wife would have none of that! (I have a football game to go to tomorrow.) I have to spend some time at home. :p I know that I will probably be seeing AOTC again in Imax before it leaves on Christmas eve!

6. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Yeah, again big thanks to Rob & Kate. This was just so much fun. I had an absolutely fantastic time on Friday! I especially loved getting to meet some of the new people, hopefuly they'll be at the next meeting. Wow, everyone's costumes were so great! This was just too much fun - we have to do it again sometime! :D

7. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Yep, a big thanks to Rob and Kate from my corner of the world. You guies did a fantastic job. I realy loved Friday!
    Thanks,
    Capt_Piett

8. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    You guys looked great in your costume on Friday. Sorry I didn't stop and say Hi but my friend and I were in a hurry. Seeing AOTC in Imax was a blast. The question now is which verison of the editing do you like better. Personally I like the new verison. Less Jar Jar scenes the better. Less of Anakin's whining. Closer view of Ewan's handsome face. :D

9. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I would like to thank everyone! Without everyone showing up to help out this would not have been such a sucess. It was a blast and the staff will have no problem with us returning :)

An additional thanks to JediTeddy for contributing to the cost of the badges...Thank you :)

10. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, Kate beat me to the punch... :)

I would also like to thank everyone who showed up, without all of you this wouldn't have been the fun event that it was. I had ALOT of fun both days and the Theater people were just so awesome to all of us.

I'm busily working on getting my pics online so that everyone can view them. I've got them all compressed to a more "web-friendly" size and have one page done (the Friday morning pics). I'm going to work on the Friday night and Saturday afternoon pages after work today. I'm hoping to have them up tonight.

I'm also going to burn a bunch of CD's with the larger file size pics and bring them to the meeting this Saturday.

Keven (the 6'7" Vader who was there) is going to be sending me a CD with all the pics he took in Dearborn along with the ones he took in Grand Rapids on Saturday. If I get it before the weekend I'll add his pics to the CD I'm burning as well so that you all can see them too (not to mention I'm going to host his pics along with mine online).

Thanks again everyone, I was very glad to hear that everyone had so much fun... it really made all the work Kate and I did feel worthwhile. :)

11. mgr

mgr Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2002
    Just a quick post to say how much fun I had w/ everyone. This was my first time in costume at an event like this and everyone was great! Thanks especially to Rob and Kate for the hospitality and planning. My kids really dug being there Saturday in costume.

Mike

12. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Sooooo, since we all had SO much fun and the theater people were SO nice to us, that begs the question...

...When are we going back for more? :D We had mentioned the idea of Thanksgiving weekend, possibly Saturday and Sunday? Something for us to discuss at the meeting, I'd say!

Regards,
    M.

13. Morrigan_McKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    Tom, the manager, was very receptive to having us come back again before the movie moved out of the theater :)

14. mgr

mgr Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2002
    Sounds cool! I would be up for it.

Mike

15. Midwest_Fett

Midwest_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
  16. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Sounds like a plan to me! :)

17. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I was thinking of taking my wife to see it I just did not know when. Now I do. So you can count us in too.

18. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    I just found out from Ron at Henry Ford that their IMAX had the 3rd highest ticket sales among all the other IMAX theaters for the weekend... great job again everyone :)

19. Darth_Tylirion

Darth_Tylirion Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    GAH! I can't do thanksgiving day weekend...

Oh well... have fun!

Need to see it a least a dozen more times.

-Darth Tylirion

20. Morrigan_McKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    I think Turkey day weekend would be to much for this month on everyone.

I would like to put to vote on Saturday one of the following two days
    December 14
    December 21

:)
    Kate

21. JayceCavalier

JayceCavalier Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Either of those dates would be fine with me.

-Jason

22. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    As of now, December 14th would be good for me. I won't be able to join you guys Thanksgiving weekend.
    :)

23. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I'm up for either date (with a more practicle costume though). I really can't wait to do this again. :D

24. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I'm going to speak up for the 14th since I may have a Christmas party to go to on the 21st.

25. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Eihter day is good for me. Now I can improve on my last-minute costume!

Thanks,
    Capt_Piett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.