main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Her Immortal ~ Tahiri Veila songfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bria, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Tahiri Veila Pre-Force Heretic I: Remnant song-fic. Many thanks to Tahi for reviewing and giving an opinion on this. :)

Summary:

Tahiri told Jaina that Anakin wanted her dead. Here is Tahiri?s nightmare.

Please understand, this is NOT a nice, happy story. This is major angst. I don?t like doing that to Tahiri, but a plot bunny bit me while listening to the radio and I couldn?t help myself...

Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars. I?m merely playing in Uncle George?s sandbox and will put away the toys when I?m done with them. My Immortal belongs to Evanescence and their record label. I did have to make slight changes to the lyrics to make the chorus more appropriate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Her Immortal

I'm so tired of being here
    Suppressed by all my childish fears
    And if you have to leave
    I wish that you would just leave
    'Cause your presence still lingers here
    And it won't leave me alone

Tahiri Veila wandered aimlessly through the lower streets of Mon Calamari. She was lost and unable to focus on finding her way back to her friends. Master Luke had called a meeting of all the Jedi, and she knew she was to attend. All that took a second seat however, to the fact that she was being followed.

Although Tahiri hadn?t yet seen the person?s face, she knew who it was who followed her. She known that silhouette since she was nine years old. It belonged to the boy she loved, Anakin Solo. The boy who had died many months before at Myrkr.

These wounds won't seem to heal
    This pain is just too real
    There's just too much that time cannot erase

Tahiri knew that Jedi ghosts were not unheard of. Master Luke?s own teachers, Obi-Wan and Yoda, had appeared to him after their death. But the thought of Anakin facing her here, and especially now, was not a comforting though. She couldn?t face him.

Anakin had sacrificed his life for her and for their friends. His death had enabled them to escape the nightmare that was the worldship at Myrkr. Yet what did Tahiri have to show for it?

Here she was, battered and nearly beaten. Anakin had helped her chase away the demons inside her after her captivity on Yavin Four. He had assisted her in fighting the Yuuzhan Vong personality that lived inside herself, but when he died, she had fallen to pieces. In a way, it was as if she no longer know who she was, or even what she was. Time may have passed, but the memory of Myrkr was still fresh. Perhaps it always would be.

[CHORUS:]
    When I cried you?d wipe away all of my tears
    When I scream you?d fight away all of my fears
    You held my hand through all of these years
    But you still have
    All of me

Tahiri began to run. Anakin was gaining on her. If she didn?t put more distance between them, he?d have her within moments. But while she was telling her legs to move faster, her body was protesting. She had so little energy inside. It had been days since she?d had proper sleep or even a decent meal. In short, she was exhausted.

Then Anakin stopped right behind her and spoke. ?Tahiri.?

It seemed as though a lifetime had passed since she last heard his voice. Tahiri couldn?t stop herself from turning and facing him, even though she was also very nervous. He was still a big part of her universe. What would she say to him?

You used to captivate me
    By your resonating light
    Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
    Your face it haunts
    My once pleasant dreams
    Your voice it chased away
    All the sanity in me

?Tahiri.?

He repeated her name once she was facing him. Tahiri was shocked by his appearance. It was the same Anakin she had always known, and yet there was something that seemed very... dark... about him. Anger seemed to roll of him in waves.

?Why?d you leave me?? Anakin asked, betrayal in his eyes. ?I thought you cared for me.?

Tahiri gasped. ?Anakin! You know I do. I loved you... I still love you! I've cried a thousand tears for you, and still my eyes are seldom dry. Do you know how often you cross

2. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
  3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    wow, that was beautifully written, and a refreshing peice, Bria :) Very original idea. I really liked the changes you made to the song to make them more fitting, and you really captured what Tahiri was feeling in Remnant. Great post!!! :D

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I agree with Yoda - It is beautifully written and it evokes Tahiri's desperation and guilt perfectly. The torment she is putting herself through comes through strongly. The dialogue is just heart-breaking. Beautiful and yet frightening.

I like the way you've written it so it fits so neatly into the scene in Remnant where Tahiri calls Jaina. Marvellous job, Bria. :)

5. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks folks. This wasn't easy to write and I wasn't sure how people would react to a "bad" Anakin Solo (even though it wasn't him and instead was Tahiri's guilt doing it to herself). I'm glad you liked it and thought I did ok with the story. :)

6. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    OOOOOOO~!!! I love it~ Thank you so much for the PM about it because I'm fangirling over it now. LOL~ ;)

Very, very beautiful, and you know me too well if you knew I'd like it as much as I do. Awesome job!

7. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It's such a good piece, Bria. So heart-rending.

More people must read this. :)

8. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    OMG! That's so sad! *sniffs* I relaly like that, it's beautifully written Bria.

:Targeter:

9. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks so much, -Tenel-Ka- and CodeName_Targeter. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

And thank you again, Tahi. Sometimes I doubt myself too much and it's nice to have somebody let you know you're worrying over nothing. ;) Now I need to get to work on that Lando fanfic I told you about. :D

10. Darth Mulacki

Darth Mulacki Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 4, 1999
    Very, very good althougg it is so sad.

Tahiri is one of my favorit characters, and this fic has added to that.

11. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks, Darth Mulacki. I'm glad you enjoyed this, even if it was sad. Tahiri is one of my favorite characters and I just had to write this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.