main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hera is the owner of the Ghost and the heart of the crew, but Kanan's the leader. That kind of makes sense; being a Jedi it would come naturally for Kanan to be a leader, but Hera being related to the likes of Cham Syndulla definitely means she'd have the words that she needed to say to keep them together, the same way Cham did.

3. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Very interesting character. Loved the intro video. i love what we get to see of her personality and I'll be curious to see how she's used as the glue to hold the group together, as they say, where it would otherwise fall apart.

Contessa likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    In before people accuse her of being Leia and Han fused into one person.

5. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm liking her a lot. Not just because she has connections to Cham Syndulla but also just from the character standpoint. I like that she is both motherly but not a pushover and can fight when the situation calls for it but the thing that seems to be her main thing is her piloting skills so it should be cool to see her use them in the space battles. Also having been familiar with Vanessa Marshall's work through Spectacular Spider-Man and other shows I can guarantee she'll do a great job and she already sounds good in the role. When we got our first looks at Sabine and Hera I compared it to Avatar The Last Airbender with Sabine being Toph the tough tomboy who isn't afraid to say what she thinks and fight back while Hera is more like Katara a motherly figure who keeps the group in check but isn't afraid to kickass when the situation calls for it (If you don't know what show I'm talking about then check it out you'll thank me).

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I have to say, Disney are doing a *very* good job and marketing these new characters.

I like Hera; she is serious and mature.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Vanessa Marshall, that's cool.

Contessa likes this.
  8. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Just the character we needed. I said yesterday in the general thread that we needed our last character to be more grounded, and here we have it. Now that we know all about the six heroes, I'm really excited.
    Dave also mentioned that each of our heroes has been affected by the empire, and he suggested that they're going to delve into each character's history, which would be fantastic. Maybe they'll do a "hero of the week" style in the first few episodes.
    Overall I'm now very excited about this series. Sabine is still the standout for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Reminds me of Melinda May from Agents of SHIELD. (no spoilers for the second half) whole long post on the main thread by me so go look!

10. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I like that she's an alien. I like that she's the glue. That's about it. Why does a Jedi have to always equal leader? It's sounds like in the clip Hera's a leader in her own right.

Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    They said in the Kanan introduction video that he was the leader of the group but you're right, Hera's a leader in her own right.

12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Looks like Hera is going to be the "mom" of the group, but not the worrisome nag type, which is good. And I think her voice is my favorite so far.. Yeah, I'm liking her more than Sabine.

Though, neither of the girls seem to have much info on their backgrounds.. but at least Hera has something about how she's useful and gets along with the rest of the group.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    The concept art they've been showing in these videos looks good. I hope there's an art of book. I always dig those.

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I almost included this comparison my initial reaction post about Sabine, seeing as Sabine reminds me of Toph (especially with the rebellious free spirit attitude she seem to have) and by then we already kinda knew that Hera was supposed to be the generally no-nonsense girl, heart and mother figure of the group so I compared her with Katara. A part of me is hoping that Sabine and Hera will share a Toph & Katara-like relationship where their two opposite personalites clash, sometimes in humorous ways, and their relationship starts out as quite rocky but then becomes better as the show progresses. That would be fun.

Starwarsfan9000 likes this.
  15. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    Did anyone notice in her video the scene that looked like Hera was chewing out Kannan? I'm kind of getting a Mom/Dad vibe between those two. Anyway, Hera looks like she's going to be a lot of fun. I love Vanessa Marshall as the voice. You can tell she knows what she's doing, and is a lot more comfortable compared to Prinze and Gray. Hopefully they'll get a feel for it soon, as well.

16. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    Seems like a good addition, I like the cast so far.

17. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    They had me at "warm and nurturing" -- her voice is indeed very warm; looks like a very well balanced cast of characters.

18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Zeb and Hera seem like the parents to me. Kanan the older brother of the group.

Revanfan1 and EternalHero like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As I mentioned earlier, she is by far my favorite of the characters we've been introduced to, and now that I've gotten to watch the video...I like her even more.

She's a level-headed no-bull**** character and definitely a leader in her own right. (Kanan the leader? Whose damn ship are they flying in, hmmm?) I suppose we could call her a serious character in the same way that Obi-Wan is a serious character (not the word I would use, it makes me think of boring people who get offended by any sort of goofing off or humor of any kind, but it's not important). She definitely seems to have a dry wit and be capable of sarcasm based on the few clips we've heard.

And she's warm and nurturing, a Mom-type...so far all the character traits I like, showing up in one character. [face_love]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Hera seems to be the one character I'm fairly confident I'll like. I like how much of a leader she seems to be, and her personality seems mature and level-headed. :)

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Ooh, now here's an intro to a character that looks really promising.

Darth_Pevra and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Good stuff. I like her look, I like her synopsis, and Vanessa Marshall is a voice acting goddess. Hera looks great.

Between her sort of parental description and Marshall's voice, I get an early kind of Black Canary vibe of her. Weisman was always pretty open about loving Canary and that she was his favorite secondary character on Young Justice, so I could totally see Hera being a Star Wars re-roll of the character. Got no problem with that either.

Sir Chem, Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Hera is more mature than I thought and that's great. What is also extremely great is that she is actually a Twi'lek female main character and she still dresses like a real pilot without any revealing clothing, additional peepholes or anything=D= .One issue I had with Ahsoka was her clothing, that tubetop was just terrible. I started to like Ahsoka much more when she started to wear bit better.

Hera's clothing is almost just like the flightsuit rebel pilots have in OT and it makes her to feel more equal to the male characters when she wears like that. She is not just decoration or filling the female character- quota or alien- quota, but actual member of the crew and their pilot.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, Ahsoka's outfits were way too slutty and the ladies of Rebels seem to be much more sensibly dressed.

25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    One of the aspects I really like about Hera is that while the others in the gang are special and/or unique in some way, she essentially feels like an "average Joe" of sorts and I like that a lot; she's not a Jedi, a streetwise kid, a Mandalorian warrior or a big non-human muscle but still seems like a tough and capable woman in her own (more or less) normal way.